When I used to start thinking about Facebook goals and a marketing plan…
My motivation would start to lag. Because I knew the ‘What’ and ‘How’ but didn’t have a plan to put in place to bridge the gap of where I was in my journey to where I wanted to be.
Have you ever felt like this, too?
I didn’t know what my plan of action was. I knew what I needed to do and did that. But, this always made me feel like it really wasn’t getting me there. And it seemed to take soooo long to start moving forward. I just wasn’t ‘getting it’.
If you’ve ever been waiting for that ‘ah-ha’ moment? Then I think you know what I mean.
A big “ah-ha” moment that made a huge difference was when one of my mentors showed me how to put all of my marketing efforts into growing my Facebook group. Now I had a purpose and a plan was coming together.
It seems one of your first Facebook goals for your page is to build more engagement.
This one I know the why of: So that you can grow your business, grow your prospects, and grow your income
When you know that your plan (strategy) is engagement and paying attention to the analytics of what your audience likes, it starts to bring excitement and a new understanding.
➷ What if you had more ideas and wanted help with getting that engagement? You can get help when you join us @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/10daygetitdone
Knowing how to build your content to lead to stronger connections and engagement is what will make you stand out.
Knowing how your content can help lead to stronger connections and engagement.
Knowing who your Facebook niche community is, helps you understand what you want to achieve in helping to attract and solve their problems.
Then it’s all about the details of what it’ll take to reach those goals!
Is it all about building your Facebook audience, your list, website/blog traffic, and sales? Well, short answer…
It is and can be challenging! Because even as you’re building, you need to be engaging, growing and selling.
So why waste time writing and trying to move forward with your Facebook marketing if no one finds what you post good enough to take their time to engage with you!?
Inspiration can come from your goals. A goal like…
When you understand what helps your audience engage, then…
- You’ll be able to get your content seen more in the newsfeed and
- You’ll find the content that your audience wants more of from you! → You’ll be able to get that content ready more quickly so that you can take care of Facebook in just 30 minutes a day.
- Now you’ll really have fun watching your Facebook insights to see what was most popular with your audience and do more of that!
- Which means you’ll have more ROI from your efforts!
- Want to learn about your ROI (Return on Investment) and how-to’s – check that out @ The Delightfully Short Guide to Social Media ROI
No doubt about it …
Engagement requires that we reciprocate.
Aside from asking questions, you’ve got to interact and get involved in their conversations. This helps you understand your audience better and being better able to give them what they want and like. I like to go to sites that are similar to mine and read their audiences’ comments. Also when people leave comments on my blog posts, I really learn a lot from what they’re saying!
We’re all tired of businesses trying to promote themselves all the time when what people actually need is someone who will listen to them and give them what the want. This is how attraction power begins.
As a Facebook business, you’ll want higher engagement so you’ll offer higher rewards.
- Valuable content that your audience wants more of from you!
- Free and beneficial content. Then more and more of it.
- Build your list using your free content – free opt-ins
- Launch a new campaign that you know your fans would be interested in!
Your content marketing and your Facebook goals can include blog posts, videos, podcasts, live Facebook chats, classes…and more of what you know your audience wants from you.
But that’s just part of the story…
Think about what emotion your marketing can have with your Facebook goals in place to help you more easily and quickly inspire your audiences.
- Establishing your voice of authority starts with content creation.
- Every post you make on your Facebook page needs to somehow support your brand.
With that in mind you can include these types of posts if appropriate for your type of business:
- Will it be entertaining? Humorous, engaging or fun.
- Will it be enlightening? Try what’s trending in your business, what are some stats, give product reviews, inspirational quotes, and memes, videos, about your work, or DIY tips.
- Is your content helpful? Including tips and valuable support.
- Can they take action now with what you’re sharing? Meaning you can make your content action-oriented like offering them the ability to save now as a pdf, tweet now, vote, take our survey, a ‘click here’ link to download and receive more information.
- Will it be supportive and enthusiastic? Don’t forget you’re building relationships. You might give a thank you note, holiday greetings, and other seasonal notes (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall celebrations).
Write out your ideas for your content, fit it into your content posting calendar, and roll with it!
Goal #2 Maximize your reach and engagement by exploring Insights.
- Use your Facebook page Insights regularly – you will start to see your page reach and engagement grow!
- Post when your fans are online
- Create specifically for your Facebook audience
- Aim at videos, Go live and set a schedule
- Share content of high quality from competitors that are doing well
- Ask what your audience thinks
- Recycle your top posts
- Watch other Facebook Pages that have a similar audience – model what they’re doing
- Play with new and different types of content
- Reply to comments, shares, and thanks for their likes
- Always start your content with the benefits that you know you’re audience WANTS and will love hearing more about from you!
- Don’ know some of your benefits? Write a headline starting with ‘How to ___________’ See how it scores at https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer
Goal #3 Share often in a variety of ways and show off your role as a strong, clear voice to bring about awareness of your work and how you are able to transform your audience’s business or life
- Make sure that’s clear on every aspect of your Facebook page.
Goal #4 Your content = positive reflection
- What is going on in your business?
- What are you doing to help your audience?
- What innovative, interesting programs have you developed and could promote (organically) and share with your audience?
Goal #5 Rinse and Repeat
Consistently posting. Checking Facebook analytics (insights) for the best times to post. Scheduling your posts!
Remember: Engagement is key!
Goal #6 Bonus – Make sure that you stay up to date with online regulations – the newest being GDPR! You can read a resource list about this here → How to Get Help With GDPR Compliance Resources
Join our 10 Day Get-It-Done Facebook Challenge and learn more about successful Facebook tactics!
- How You Can Use Testimonials & Build Trust – Need Templates? - November 4, 2022
- Admit These 6 Mistakes And Make Things Right - October 8, 2022
- Valuable Ways Audio And Video Messages Can Build Trust 🤝🏼 - September 4, 2022