It’s likely that you already know the answer to this question…
Just what is affiliate marketing?
Let’s talk about…
Affiliate Marketing Tips for Affiliate Marketers
This information will hopefully help you understand more about what affiliate marketing is, what affiliate marketers do, how affiliate programs usually work, and how you can become an affiliate marketer yourself right now.
Continue reading » What’s the Deal with Affiliate Link Disclosures? (and Why Do You Need Them?)
- Affiliate link disclosures are more than a best practice; they’re a must-do according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). What it boils down to is, if you have a link on your site that could potentially earn you some cash, you need to be upfront about it with your visitors.
I think you’ll get it best by saying…
Affiliate marketing is word of mouth or referral marketing that you get paid for. You receive some money for referring new customers to another business.
The people you refer don’t have to pay anything extra -‐ in fact, you may even be able to get them a deal. And in addition you may get a big boost in your own revenue.
For me, I go about selecting affiliate products for market research that will enhance my brand, interest my readers, or the products may be something I want to use, blog about and review. So…
- I sign up for the product’s affiliate information.
- Then get their affiliate links for me to use. They use my assigned link to track the referrals I send their way,
- This is a little known secret – I set up an easy remember link for promotion.
I use my Pretty Link Pro WP PlugIn –for an Affiliate Link Cloaker or URL shortener —
The Pretty Link Pro Plugin also lets me know how many times it has been clicked on and keeps it organized in my WordPress dashboard. I’ve been recommending this plugin for years.
The WP Pretty Link Pro Plugin works like this…
- First off, you won’t be using Bit.ly anymore, when you use a URL shortener to redirect users to your blog post. You’ll have complete control over your link and see the results right on your WP dashboard.
- Any time you want some sort of promotion on your site you’ll be using a custom Pretty Link Plugin ,
- So instead of my link looking like a bit.ly link or the real affiliate link >>> https://prettylinkpro.com?aff=dward29
I can have my own domain to use. Like say askcoachdonna.com/prettylink
I think you get it. I’ve had it for years.
I use Pretty Link Pro’s plugin a lot; to cloak URLs with my own domain name, or to just shorten the URL link and still be able to use my domain name.
Because I do the work for businesses and bloggers in building their online reputation, community, engaging on Social Media, and even put up their posts with copy writing for SEO.
I don’t want to take the time to make my own products. When I know and use many other experts’ products that I really like.
- So I can, and have, done the market research and refer products of people I know, like, and trust – and I do that as an affiliate.
Because it’s impossible for me be the all one solution for all of my readers’ challenges, I’ve gone to other experts’ products to help my own readers and clients.
- So, I’m referring products and receiving a referral gift or commission because of it, when I use their affiliate programs and links.
Of course, we’ve all noticed that bloggers of all types are benefiting from affiliate marketing.
- Sharing affiliate information is a direct method where bloggers earn commissions directly from their blog.
That’s huge. Monetizing your blog even as you’re helping your audience get what they want. Right?
- Many bloggers look to affiliate commissions and paid reviews for their main source of income.
Keeping that in mind, our blog reputations are increasingly important and very hard to build. It doesn’t take much to lose any trust you have built up.
- Do your market research, or get to know enough about the product, so that you can honestly refer it to your audience. Making sure that these products are of great value to your audience.
- Put your reader and content first.
- Don’t let ads dominate your site.
- Use Pretty Link Pro Plugin for WP as a great time saver and attractive URL.
So, with just a handful of cherry-picked recommendations, you can lead your readers by the hand and show the exact solution to their problem.
But, how do you find affiliate programs for your niche?
Now I’ve been using affiliate marketing for years in my niche. I’ve used products, liked them, and decided to share with my community.
Here’s a couple of tips to help:
- Search for affiliate programs
Use Google, or your favorite search site, and type in your topic and then add “affiliate programs”
- You’ll be surprised what will come up when you do this.
- I like to know a lot about the product before I start referring it. So I do my market research.
- Search Amazon to see if there are products there that might have affiliate programs for you link to and make a commission.
Again, make sure you know, like, and trust the product.
Do you use affiliate marketing? And, have you installed your Pretty Link Plugin, yet?
Please note this post includes an embedded Affiliate link. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. For more information please visit my Disclosure Page.
What others are saying…