Bounce Rate, what is that? Have you ever wondered what the big deal is about your site’s bounce rate, or analyzing your web traffic statistics?
There are great benefits involved when you know the bounce rate for your site.
- You will be learning more about your target audience.
- What keywords do they use to find your information and your site?
- You will know where they come from – search engines or how did they find your site?
- How many page views your site had and how long they stayed on that page is needed for overall publishing goals.
- How many new or returned visitors does your site get?
- And, getting more visitors will be something to think about for improving your bounce rate.
In short: By knowing this information, you may help your business site get more sales conversions.
- So what is it your need to know – the most basic data to help lower your site’s bounce rate?
- What is the average number of visitors to your site on a daily, weekly and monthly basis?
— You can go now to google.com/analytics/ and sign up to access your site’s analytics.
Here is also where you can get into an easy routine of looking at the behaviors of your visitors while they are on your site.
This helps me improve in areas that will help keep my visitors longer and bring more new visitors in. Plus. this insures that they keep coming back.
- And, this is me trying to improve my bounce rate. I don’t want them bouncing off my site, in a hurry to somewhere else.
— We must look at the behavior of our visitors once they come to our website to accurately gauge the effectiveness of our site. This is why we want to understand the bounce rate.
— The aim is to use the web traffic statistics, and analytics, to figure out how well or how poorly your site is working for your visitors. Your analysis will be of the overall trends in visitor behavior.
One way to determine this is to find out how long on average your visitors spend on your site. This is the bounce rate, how long they stay before they bounce off.
Here is a short explanation from wikipedia.org: Your site’s bounce rate… “represents the percentage of visitors who enter your site and “bounce” (leave the site) rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site.”
Then the challenge is to figure out what that problem is.
There are a couple of issues on your site you can take a look at for improving your site’s bounce rate:
- It could be that your keywords are directing the wrong type of visitors to your website.
- Your content needs to be appealing to your visitors.
- Your graphics are confusing or intimidating, causing the visitor to exit rapidly. In other words does your site’s appearance represent your business?
- I have had visitors tell me the title (subject) post is what attracted them.
- You will also want to install Google Analytics for WordPress – another free WordPress plugin – then you can go to google.com/analytics/ and follow their directions. Or contact Business Coach Donna for help.
- Incentive and Optins – If you have something of value to give away like free e-books, free reports etc then this will also attract visitors to click on that link. Like my own “Claim Your – Email Marketing Mini-Course -Turn prospects into buyers” optin box at the top right column of each page.
- Have links in your post that introduce them to other areas of your site with similar subjects – like my other post: Improve Bounce Rates
I have read that a bounce rate needs to be around 40% or lower. I am always working at getting that better. I am usually around 45-49% and that is still really good.
What is your site’s bounce rate?
Let me know and, as your business coach, we can work on getting this lower, together.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- 3 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Reach 😱 - August 9, 2019
- How to Increase Free Traffic to Your Blog With Facebook - July 4, 2019
- How To Use Social Media To Help Will Help You Grow Your Email Lists - July 1, 2019