Are you listening?
If you are less confident in your sales conversations than you want to be, then your conversation has been “you” focused.
Today your customers need a bit more wooing to win and keep. To meet this challenge means that you are understanding your ideal customer and what they want (not what they need). And, it means that you’ll need to take actions to learn more about your customers by asking them questions. And, listening.
Often the way we listen and engage with our customers can be a turn off for them. Something we weren’t expecting!
– Think about the things a typical salesperson does; and don’t do them.
So, what do you think of when you think of someone with great sales skills?
The spirit of selling is really about becoming someone who helps other people solve problems by offering them solutions they want and that meet their needs.
– That means that you start with your prospect and build upon solving their problems.
– Establish yourself as an expert source for the next time your customer has a problem.
– And you can do that by asking questions and listening.
One of the most important skills to be effective in being able to help others is your listening skills.
– It is listening to what is and isn’t being said. Taking the time to understand what the customer needs and identifying the real problem the customer is trying to solve.
Really listening shows that you are a caring, sensitive person more interested in what you’re hearing then in what you have to say. Your customers will tell you what their wants are and what they need from you.
– And, know that the more time you spend talking, the more time your prospect has to think of ways to say, ‘No’!
Presenting your product, or services, before you understand your prospect’s wants and needs, would be like getting a prescription before your doctor has a diagnosis.
Go beyond the words to get the true meaning. Ask questions.
- Remember the stereotypical salesperson likes to do most of the talking. Do the opposite. Listen and ask questions for clarity.
You can be the kind of sales you would enjoy buying from.
You can start getting more help with your sales conversations at my weekly Free Open Forum Q&A call…Save your spot at…Easiest Way to learn Online Marketing – Fr.ee call
Then join other small businesses at our Weekly no-cost Open Forum live Q&A call at==> Tired of working too hard to build your list?
“The tools Donna provide are always helpful and useful. I constantly get something out of our conversations on how to apply her information – for inner growth and for my business. We’re all working at being better and growing our businesses. It takes a certain personality to be an entrepreneur. That person has to be willing to take risks and learn to step outside of who they are to make it better. We have to be able to look at things differently.” Wayne Bowser
- Being Consistent Is Your Key Secret To Earning Customer Trust 👍 - July 26, 2023
- Getting Rid Of Harmful Habits And Forming New Ones - July 19, 2023
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023