There are enormous opportunities for increasing your readers’ engagement when you present email as another way to connect regularly.
#1 Make it easy for your readers to sign up for your email list.
If you ask for as little information as you need…
They just may want to give you their email and name in exchange for your gift of value that they would like to have!
Let me explain …
You first need to have an optin form, your call to action (CTA) that offers them a gift in exchange for their information.
- It’s the greatest action tactic to help you convert blog/website traffic into loyal readers and move them into paying customers.
Here’s my selfie CTA for my own class to teach you how to build your email list…
As I’ve said before…
“You Need These 2 How-To Conversion Tips You Can Use Today”. <<<click the link to learn more.
Now here comes the good part …
You can offer readers the opportunity to opt in to your list in exchange for something of value to them, then you know the people signing up for your list are genuinely interested in what you’re offering, and now you’ll be able to keep in better contact through your emails.
I often sign up for email lists and then become a loyal fan – remembering their name, products, and why I really like them!
Don’t you also do the same thing?
Think for a moment about what that means.
A call to action is your optin form and it’s you giving some kind of stimulus, like a free gift in exchange for an action you want your reader to take ~ like giving you their name and email.
You’re now building your email list.
Keep in mind …
#2 Make your optin form inviting
Make it prominent and the first thing they see. Here’s my own ‘How to Build Your Email List Tele-class optin button and image to click and check out how easy it is…
Put your offer in prominent place on your blog and sales pages.
I have my optin offer in at least 4 places on each blog post.
- At the top right column – for my Savvy Blogging Kit
- Often I’ll put it at the bottom of the blog post – for my ‘Kit’
- Also at the bottom of my blog post is usually my invitation to join my monthly ‘Build Your List Calls’
- Then there’s, yes the popup – and yep some people just hate those things. But, more people sign up on sites using these. I’ve had over 20,000 people sign up on that popup for my ‘Kit’ with my popup.
If you have your optin offer on a dedicated offer page like my ‘Build Your List Page’ <<< (go ahead and click the words to take a look) ~ you’ll want to make sure it’s above the fold. And have no other optin offers distracting what you what them to do.
#3 Share the benefits
Start with a reason “why” someone should join your email list.
- What’s in it for them?
When you’ve got that figured out?
You’ll make it more likely that your readers will say yes to you.
Your optin form or CTA is your tool to really grab your readers’ attention and…
Your CTA should be something of great value for your readers.
Answer that ‘WIIFM’ (what’s in it for me):
- With the benefits of what they’ll be getting from you when they give you their contact information:
Then you’ll be attracting more of your ideal audience onto your list.
One more thing …
Go ahead and do this BONUS exercise:
- List the top two or three benefits of what you could offer in order of priority.
Then pick the most significant one and shorten the description to just a few words.
- You’ll be highlighting the key points of engagement and making sure your copy is supporting your offer.
Now you have the power to capture their attention and turn your reader into a qualified email lead.
“CTAs play a critical role in the “convert” stage of effective inbound marketing. Don’t let a lack of design resources keep you from creating calls-to-action that convert. Now go and convert your visitors into leads.” Hubspot.com
Getting started with your email list is easy, but you’re going to need a few basic things…
- Your Hook – what pulls them in and signs them up
- Your System
- Putting it all together
That’s where an expert, like myself, can help you….
Join this f.ree tele-class and ‘Discover’ more – Let’s get you going on “How to Build Your Email List”
Be sure to join in our our no-cost ‘Build Your Email List’monthly calls ~ You can ask about and learn some of the quickest, most effective traffic and email list building strategies to put into action right away
Join in the conversation at our monthly F.ree call – Become a Better List Builder
Read what others are saying…
“I love the idea of a lead magnet, too. I’m already on my 3rd iteration and thinking about changing it up. I have opt-in boxes in several locations including at the end of my posts.Thank you so much for these tips!! Very helpful and a great reminder.” Jennifer Kennedy recently posted..10 Tips Everyone Designing Worksheets Should Use
“I have read time and time again to gather emails and start my list…I don’t know what I’m waiting for! LOL…but I will do it!! I know how valuable it is.” Dana recently posted..My 5 Favorite Apps
- Engagement in Email Marketing - November 24, 2021
- 7 Ways to Use Competitors to Find Your Best Facebook Targeted Audience ? - February 2, 2021
- Can Your Irresistible Opt-in Offer Reveal Some Secrets? ? - January 15, 2021