“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” contentmarketinginstitiute.com
In other words content marketing is highly effective for helping others find you, generating leads for your email marketing, increasing revenue, and building your online visibility, credibility and expertise.
Your content can bring about awareness and a relationship with your audience, regardless of whether or not they had any knowledge of you.
Because you’ll be…
Creating for your audience through content marketing.
Tip #1 What Are You Going To Say?
What about communicating content that is an idea, shaped by your audience and discovering…
How to do just that…
By asking yourself if it’s relevant to your audience.
- Content that you share needs to support your goals and resonate with target audience.
It must appeal to their emotions, as well as core, common values.
Think about the benefit of this strategy.
Rather than constantly chasing after content ideas, choose one area of expertise to anchor your content strategy.
Then build around it.
- Identify one topic that is relevant to your audience and create your content around that.
You can use several forms of content (blogs, images, podcasts, teleclasses, video series etc.) and promote around it.
Tip #2 Social Media Content Communications Plan
Always focus your message (content) on the needs and goals of your audience.
Your clear messaging is setting the scene and gives a good picture of what you’re about and what your content offers your audience.
Your content will engage with their issues and tell them they’re in the right place.
Information is power.
That’s why you want to develop a smart and effective communications plan.
Your general social media tactics include…
- Being authentic and positive
- Listening and responding to your community and followers
- Sharing and interacting naturally in your own voice
- Providing content that is focused on quality over quantity
Now ask yourself…
- What do you want to achieve ─ where are you going, and why?
- Audiences ─ who is your key audience?
Earlier I mentioned that content marketing must appeal to your audience’s emotions, as well as core, common values.
- What are your target audiences’ values?
- What compels them to act?
- What are their values as related to: Prosperity – Family – Health – Safety – Freedom
Tip #3 Audience Focused Content
You already understand that your content is designed and written around the needs of your audience.
Bear with me here…
Why then is your content strategy and communication plan important to you?
Learning to communicate with your content is informing, persuading, or giving someone something they want.
Using an intelligent content marketing strategy is the key to successful communication and attracting your ideal targeted readers.
Once you’ve created your content, the marketing begins as you create your promotional plan.
Promoting content directly through your social media platforms also includes these ideas:
- Sending an email blast to your lists sharing your content.
- Use online sharing sites like Slideshare as content marketing for promoting through a presentation, where you’ll start getting it in front of larger audiences.
- Promote the action you want your audience to take and listen to what people are saying.
Get more at Want a Content Marketing Machine?
Now Close That deal.
While providing valuable content and resources to share and educate your audience can be a noble cause, conversion is still the ultimate goal of content marketing.
Your content serves as an introduction to help your audience get to know your brand and what you have to offer, and a way to collect and build an email list for follow up.
As I’ve said before
Your content marketing is part of your branding, allowing you to collect contact information whenever possible, and leave them with wanting more of what you have to offer them.
Now ask yourself…
“How am I using content to build my email list to share more of my content with?”
Be sure to join in our our no-cost ‘Build Your Email List’ monthly calls ~ You can ask about and learn some of the quickest, most effective traffic and email list building strategies you can put into action right away
Building your email list With Social Media, blogging, and building your list of contacts is needed if you want a more interactive community! Join in the conversation at our monthly F.ree call – Become a Better List Builder
What others are saying…
“Really great tips! I have always believed that being your true self and sharing that with your readers and followers will engage them and draw even more to your content.” Tiffany recently posted..Sleep Over
“Another great article, Donna. Social media is so important in getting readers to your site. If you want engagement, you have to do what it takes. My niche is animals and pets, so it’s easy to find pet-owners. I enjoy watching the number of readers on my blog rise steadily. It’s so much fun.” Jeanne Melanson recently posted..What is a Sarcastic Fringehead? Can you guess?
- Valuable Ways Audio And Video Messages Can Build Trust 🤝🏼 - September 4, 2022
- It’s True, Being Consistent Is Your Key Secret To Earning Trust 👍 - August 26, 2022
- Create A Sales Message to Attract Clients - August 8, 2022