What do you think about social media marketing?
You know this…
Social media marketing is a two-way street.
You share your excitement and your message with your online community even as you’re consistently:
- Knowing the type of content to share that will interest your community.
- Looking for content that may not always be promotional for sales – but it is for your brand.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and
- Responding to questions and comments from others.
This is you connecting social media successes back to real business outcomes….
Join our FREE Social Media Success Training & Get Your Bonus Sign Up Gift…’Twitter For Business’ Infographic – click the image to learn more!
Think about this…
If you don’t care about social media marketing as your messages go out…
- You’re not taking advantage of the real points of how social media can work for you and,
- You may even be pushing away your audience, so that they really don’t pay attention to you any longer.
Building your own lively social communities means that you are…
- Engaging with your ideal audience online.
- Building awareness of your work,
- Growing your influence, and
- Encouraging your audience to share your messages.
Now think about this…
When you combine social media marketing with email marketing…
- You have another system to stay on top-of-mind;
And you’re tapping into social media marketing.
Staying connected with your communities using yet another feature of social media marketing.
One more thing…
Using your social platforms to engage users and grow traffic can build your email list.
But how can you do that even better?
Great content isn’t so great if no one reads it.
Getting found online is at the very top of your social media marketing funnel of your inbound marketing system. ⇒
- So you can organize your social media strategy around your blog.
- Your blog is where your community can congregate after they connect with your brand on social media.
Ask yourself this…
- Is your goal with social media for sales, leads, promotion, buzz, more site traffic, etc?
If you’re goal is any one of these, you’ll want to bring your audience in from all of your social media platforms and generate leads through lead magnets.
Do you see the value here?
Whenever you bring your ideal audience to your blog, you’ll want them to want more of your information.
- And, you’ll offer that opportunity to them through your lead magnet – offering an ebook, a kit, training series, videos and more in exchange for their name and email.
You need to understand your ‘Lead Metrics:
- That’s understanding your lead generation performance from the top of your social media marketing funnel through to the sales.
- Following your ideal audience from the moment they leave a social medial site to visit your blog
- And monitoring them through your email list conversion;
- To when they say “Yes, please” to your offer.
Then you’ll keep an eye on what’s happening as you nurture them through the ‘Sales Metrics’.
- How your content is influencing the bottom-of-the-funnel results?
- How is your content filling the pipeline?
- How is your content driving revenue?
Now your social media marketing can go social all the way for your brand as you…
- Create special sales and promos for your social media audience.
- Making sure that every step of your social media marketing funnel is working towards moving your ideal audience through to the purchase, or whatever it is you’re offering.
This is how you connect social media back to real business outcomes.
Join our f.ree teleclass on July 23 and learn…
How to Measure and Optimize Your Social Media Marketing and receive your ⇒Bonus Sign Up Gift…‘Twitter For Business’ Infographic
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
- How to Reach Your Social Media Goals in 2023 - January 20, 2023
41 thoughts on “Why You Need to Go Social & Tap into Social Media Marketing”
I love social media marketing! Great tips!!
ricci recently posted..Get Your Shop On at MaxStudio
Social media is huge these days and people are turning to this to promote their business. If you want your blog to grow, social media is the answer.
Mykidsguide recently posted..Fabulous Back To School DIY Notebook Covers
Got that right! Thaks so much for your comment 🙂
Social media was huge for me in going from zero to a good number of subscribers. I do like social media. 🙂
Thanks, Rosey – glad to hear that! 🙂
Social media is huge! I think I’d be lost without it!
This is a lot of really helpful information! Thanks for sharing your expertise! 🙂
Autumn recently posted..a little more about me
These are so many great tips. I need to step up my game on email marketing.
Michelle F. recently posted..The GB QBit Stroller Lets You Go Anywhere with Your Little Ones
I don’t know how you would get people to your site without using social media? I mean what other way is there….I guess email or newsletters, but not everyone checks their email, or they have a spam email account and don’t really care about your content. My struggle is not finding real interested readers, yet I have no money to pay for anyone to help me figure out how to get readers without reading a million blogs myself..and who has time for that? Its usually a give and take kind of thing I think. I don’t know…I’m still learning every day.
Heather recently posted..How To Treat Allergic Conjunctivitis
Hi Heather, thank you for your note – Yep we get out visitors from social media, bring them into our social media marketing funnel – into our emails where we learn to keep building relationships so that hopefully they will read our emails and connect – it is a learning curve to be sure
Great post on the importance of social media. I personally look for everyone online!
Thanks so much for your comment
Looking at the info graphic with expectations totally fits my beliefs. If I’m going to follow a business, I expect inspiration, deals, or some kind of incentive.
Crystal recently posted..What to Look for in Toddler Fashion
Thanks – Crystal – I hope that the Twitter infographic was what you expected and found it helpful! 🙂
Wow! fantastic post! You really nailed it. Too much can definitely drive your audience away. Paying attention to your audience does make a big deal. If they think you’re a robot account, then you definitely will lack the response you need.
Thank you so much, Lexie – you’ve made an important observation 🙂
Social media has given me a career and I couldn’t be more grateful for it!
Social media is a really great way to market your content, plus it opens the pathway for really authentic conversations with your readers, and future readers. These are great tips!
Thank you, Holly – and measuring our successes helps us know how well we are doing and what we might do better
I think social media marketing is a great way to connect businesses and consumers. I know that I learn and participate in more when I come across deals, discount codes, sale promotions, freebies, etc on Twitter and Facebook.
Yona Williams recently posted..Celebrate Christmas in July by Storing Gift Ideas with PickUrGift
Thank you Yona – Social Media is a continual learning process so that we can keep improving our results
Love social media and the reach it gives us
marie with spreading-joy.org recently posted..Living Life with Meaning
I’ve been blogging for a while but have not really gotten in deep with it. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to learn how to make social media work to our benefit. Can’t wait to get started.
Great to hear, Renee! Thank you for your note
Social media is huge for blogs and businesses today. These are some great tips.
Thanks Brandi – glad you stopped by
Social media is interesting. All of your tips are dead on. We need to know how to engage and build our audiences.
Mary Collins recently posted..Christian Prayer Books That Get Results
Thanks so much, Mary – hope to see you here again
So much knowledge in this post! I think social media is here to stay and I’m always thankful when someone shares wisdom on the subject.
So very kind of you, Pamela – thank you for your comment and sharing your thoughts 🙂
Thanks for lighting a fire for me to keep up the work!
Roxanne recently posted..Real Men Engage Pt. 2
Very cool, Roxanne – so glad to hear that – thanks for your comment
Wow I’m bookmarking this post for sure! Some great tips here!
Thank you, Jonathan – I am grateful 🙂
Lately I’ve been working with a social media planning calendar to try to get my social sharing more organized. I know it’s really important to drive traffic to our sites. Thanks for offering the class?
Jelli recently posted..How to Change a Life
Thank you, Jelli – The social media calendar is very important – I’d love to hear updates on that – and yes the class was today and the recording went out – hope you signed up 🙂
Social media has become extremely powerful, it’s a beast that so many need to understand more. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks, Marissa – The beast that needs taming by measuring what it’s doing
Social Media Marketing is indeed effective! Thanks for sharing this post and I look forward to more of your future posts!
Thank you, Andrika – I appreciate that
Some great info here. Thanks for this post. 🙂
Melanie recently posted..DIY Calm Down Jar
Comments are closed.