What about your own Twitter Business – here are 3 tips to remember for Twitter Business success starters.
I have heard it said that Twitter is one of the most important sites, arguing that it is the next Google – not Facebook. Well – it will be fun to watch!
In the meantime, you need to get on board the Twitter stream, stick your toe in and feel the water temp – read, write and connect – to help your Twitter business grow.
3 Key Points to check out:
1. Your Profile and Landing Page for Twitter Business – Why is this important? Well, first impressions? What do people see when they come to your page?
- Introduce yourself with an abbreviated intro with a link to your more detailed ‘About’ page on your business site. Also, if you can, add your Facebook link, here.
You want people to know what your business is and how to connect with you.
2. Why would someone want to connect with you?
- Put that in your profile, this is what your Twitter business is all about. We all are building relationships, like nurturing a flower – attention to present and future business contacts, connections with possible JVs, or maybe you’ll be offered an interview by someone. Could you ask someone to be a Guest Blogger at your blog, or if you can interview them? These are just a couple of ways to increase your list / database of prospective, targeted clients.
Do you see what we are trying to accomplish here? If you do understand, then broaden your goals and narrow your target for getting more Twitter business within your targeted audience.
3. Respond as you would to a friend or client – this is your Twitter business at work!
- A lot of times I will send a commenting note, not a sales note, and never receive anything back. What’s that all about? Here again, people are forgetting relationship building. Someone is reaching out to them – like a phone call not being returned. Would you not answer or return a call in your business?
So you can instantly connect to what’s most important to you and your own Twitter business. Follow your friends, experts and keep up with what is being talked about in your areas of interest and business!