The great news for your social media efforts in 2016:
You can and need to become an online connector to transform your passion and social media efforts into cash!
If you’re passionate about something…
You know there are others out there that feel the same…probably thousands or maybe even millions of others who are equally enthusiastic about the same thing.
You already know that social media can support your goals and help you get your work of passion out and seen even as it helps to boost your other marketing efforts.
- You can create extraordinary connections with your audiences that help put your brand get in front of prospective clients any time of the year.
It’s remarkable the number of connections you can attract:
- Like people who are focused on shopping for your services and products.
- Others that need your help and want what you offer.
- Plus, you’ll continue creating social connections that you’ll nurture and grow throughout the year.
How are others turning their passion and social media efforts into hard cash?
Keep in mind …
To grow your passion and social media efforts into cash for 2016 you’ll include online and offline systems that help you set up a model for successful results as you deliver client transformations.
Social media can help you accomplish a lot of goals.
The key is to know your priorities so you can budget your time and track the success of your efforts.
The #1 key driver that helps you grow your online presence into $$$ is…
Building your email list of online connections.
Let’s think about building your email list as the #1 way in helping you turn your social media efforts into cash for 2016.
You see, when someone decides to subscribe to your list of contacts by email, they’re saying they want to hear more about what you have to offer.
This is your golden opportunity to develop and grow relationships with your subscribers.
Bear with me, because I’m going to show you how…
Creating your lists of contacts through social media efforts is really the most important task you can put into place for building a successful business.
Having an email list of your ideal audience is the most valuable asset you’ll have, especially these days, with all the “noise” online.
I’m talking about a list of people that you can genuinely connect with, and implement ways to nurture those connections so that, both YOU and your SUBSCRIBER will benefit from this relationship.
Smart marketers have a toolbox to encourage their audience to join their email lists, as they:
- Use social media to help build a list of targeted leads by having an opt-in form to share valuable and free offers to encourage visitors to give their email and name to receive more information on a regular basis.
- Put an image on pages, and posts, that directs audiences to subscribe for that valuable free offer.
- Always add a link to that optin box or page, and share on social media. Tell people the benefits of why they would want to subscribe.
- Promote an optin url on the social media sites, where that ideal audience hangs out.
- Write a blog post about an offer and have an image and a subscribe button in that post, as I’ve done here.
- Have a system in place for consistently building an email list of connections.
Now, the question is:
“How do you create a responsive list?”
You could probably find enough information on this to write several books!
But what are the two main features that will determine the growth rate, and responsive attitudes, of your email list…
- The value you’ll offer in exchange for your new ideal subscriber’s email address.
Whether it’s to be educated, inspired, or entertained, people visit your site because they expect to find something of value there.
The more value you provide, the more time people will spend on your site.
So give them what they want and more!
Because, you want your audience to give you their email address along with their attention.
The longterm idea is…
HIGHLIGHT the incredible value you offer.
- Have more than your optin box in your side bar, that says “Get My Newsletter”.
Tell them precisely the BENEFITS that you offer.
– For example, “FREE! The Simple Way to Attract Your Ideal Clients to Your Site & Email List”
- The quality AND amount of traffic landing on your sites.
Over the past 8 years, I’ve had some fun playing with a variety of strategies targeting each of these two pieces for building my own list and helping my clients do the same.
My most consistent and successful strategy?
⇒ My opt-in offers are designed as email series.
- My Savvy Blogging Kit is directly related to one of the main problems or desires that my blog addresses.
- I give specific benefits.
- Helps build my credibility
- It also includes free downloadable resources and a continuing email course, training, and offers to encourage people to sign up and stay on for more.
There’s always more to learn. But, this is important to get done for 2016, if you haven’t already.
What do you think?
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
13 thoughts on “The #1 Tantalizing Tip to Turn Your Social Media Efforts into Cash for 2016”
So true! Without an email list, you’re not going to drive the sales you need! Great tips in this article! I will be sure to share!
Thank you Cianna!
I’m just starting to work on building my email list! For the longest time I couldn’t understand why I would possibly need one and now that it makes sense to me I just have to find the time to get it started!
That’s great to hear, Susannah – I hope to hear more
These are great social media marketing tips shared through this post… I will implement these to boost our social media campaign!!
Building my email list has always been a struggle for me. This is definitely a goal for the new year and something I’ll need to focus on.
Thanks, Erlene – Each year it gets a bit more difficult to build our lists – grabbing the attention and holding onto our ideal audience’s attention span is the new currency online!
Great tips for social media! I need to really focus on my email list next year, it is definitely going to be one of my New Years Resolutions.
This is such great information! My goal in 2016 is to work on growing my email list. When I first started out, I really didn’t focus on it at all and now that I’m growing, it’s definitely something I want to work on.
That’s great to hear, Dawn – I hope to hear more about how you plan on building your list!
An email list is so incredibly vital!! I just need to back off from mine a bit. I have this bad habit of looking at who is unsubscribing and why! I recently started giving away a little inspirational printable. My plan is to change it up every so often.
Thank you so much for you note – and I also look at who and why for my unsubscribers – and I send them a note back to try and keep in touch sometimes through other channels.
I like that you change it up and keep it more interesting that way. It makes it fun for you and your list of contacts!
Comments are closed.