Over the last few years, I’ve been developing my own approach to social media.
My social media strategies have been gone over a lot and have grown a bit more developed because of my clients and colleagues that I work with and for.
My own insights also have formed by countless perceptive and inspirational leaders in the industry and beyond.
You can learn more with this social media strategies class right now…
Today, I’m Sharing these 3 Key Steps that I’ve Relied Upon
#1 Who is my audience?
This means I need to understand who I want to attract and talk with online.
- What is there to know about them;
- About their interests;
- Their goals?
- Where do they hang out online?
- What do they look for in the search engines?
#2 Content Sharing
- What do I want to talk about with my audience?
- What are some themes, subjects, and viewpoints I could write about?
- What is the added value that I could provide?
# 3 Reasoning
Social media strategies need to be examined, implemented, consistently analyzed, and expanded.
Checking analytics, means I’ll want to know more about:
- How can I listen to what people say about me and the subject that I write about and share on social media?
- Then measuring how my strategy accomplishes the goals I’ve set.
- I’ll be looking at how I can gain insight and improve my tactics.
Strategy is your system of figuring out the best way to get from here to where you want to be.
When I first started my social media approach, it went something like this:
I followed my intuition and made decisions about each step as it happened.
- I was in the beginning processes of learning.
This was a logical way for me to go about exploring and allowing for serendipity.
Because I had so much to learn, it was the right strategic approach for me at the time.
My purpose was being defined, with the help of coaches, even as I applied my new knowledge to figure out the path I wanted to take to get where I wanted to be.
- Have you moved from exploring to choosing actual goals and
- Positioning yourself to get out there to reach your goals?
How to choose the “there”, of where you want to be…
Think about what that could mean.
How will you move forward?
Choosing a purpose, or where you intentionally want to go, means that…
- You’ll think about where you’re at right now and;
- Take a look at the good things that are happening with what you’re doing now.
- And, what could be better?
How could you connect your social media strategies to help you move towards reaching your goals?
- When you have clear goals, you’ll start understanding where you want to go, and then you can figure out how to get there from where you are.
Your goal will be to attract an audience that you want.
The audience you want to attract is always going to be at the very start of your clear goals and strategies.
Everything develops and grows from your target audience goals and strategies.
- You’re goal then is to understand the complexity of your audience and…
This means you’ll have a clear picture of your target audience and be able to put some strategies together to attract them.
Do you see the value here?
Sure, you want clear goals and social media strategies.
Knowing who your ideal audience is and how to best reach and serve them will set you apart from 90% of businesses online today!
This is you including analytics as part your social media strategies.
After you’ve put together some of these important qualities and insights about the target audience that you want to serve and help…
You’ll be able to put together a detailed picture of your target audience.
- You’ll begin to understand the essence of who it is you want to attract and serve.
You’ll have strategies that help you understand how to visit with your ideal audience, what content will attract them, and where they hang out.
Now that you know more, maybe even as much as possible about your audience that you want to attract and connect…
You’ll also know how to have better conversations and share more interesting content with them.
All, because of defining your clear goals to help you put together your social media strategies for success.
Ask yourself this…
If you had all the means and tools you wanted and needed, whom would you go for as your ideal audience?
A colleague and I just worked on sharing this class “Is Your Social Media Working for You?”
One of the biggest points we made was to:
It’s key in helping you create sustainable strategies that will be based on your perceptions of talking, engaging, with them.
- So start by asking them questions directly as well as looking at what they talk about and where they’re talking.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- Do You Use Confidence Builders Like This? 👷 - September 19, 2019
- 3 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Reach 😱 - August 9, 2019
- How to Increase Free Traffic to Your Blog With Facebook - July 4, 2019