Social media can be your frustration or your fortune. Follow these ideas, and your online friends can translate to closed deals for your business success.
There is value in knowing how you can be…
Using social media marketing to grow your email lists because…
your ‘know how’ points to → Success
Because you can:
→ Help your business and attract new customers with an email + social media strategy.
→ With an email lead (someone who subscribes to your email list and downloads your free offer)…
- You can start a conversation with your email autoresponder.
- Ask in a separate email if they have any questions right after they sign up.
- Then find them on Facebook and become friends.
Let’s look behind the scenes a moment….
I know a lot of email subscribers want more free content and may unsubscribe the moment they see a link to a sales page.
Not very motivating and not really a very friendly feeling, right?
So, Why Continue to Market and Give Free Information to Grow Your Email List?
Email marketing is building and continuing those online relationships by connecting in an added way.
When you use social media marketing in ways that will help you grow your email lists…
- Your goals are to attract leads and turn them into possible buyers, or prospects.
- Setting up and sharing links for lead capture opportunities.
A side note here:
When I was an FHA Loan Officer, I was told to prospect for leads. Huh?
Well, now I know that prospecting is knowing where and how to find leads to help in building a relationship.
This is where email marketing comes in:
You can turn prospects into leads simply by getting an email address. Then engaging them through your emails as you guide them into becoming a customer as you move them through your marketing funnel.
- Of course from this advantage point, you can offer live help through events or one-on-one chats.
- A marketing funnel is your system of enticing your audience to your business and then leading them through a process that allows them to learn about you, which, hopefully, leads them to buy. The image of a funnel represents how, through each stage of the funnel fewer prospects move, but those few people are more committed to your business.
There are generally several steps of a marketing funnel.
As an example, your marketing funnel goals are to move your lead from initial awareness – of who you are and what you can do for them – into making a purchase.
The 4 main stages of your marketing funnel will be:
- A prospect = your outlined ideas as your target market.
- A lead = someone who is very interested.
And if you don’t want to keep all your social media connections on social media and
You Do want to help them get to know you even better…
- Then you have opportunities to invite them to sign up for your email list which means they are potential customer opportunities – or leads.
And, if social media helps you prospect for leads…
- Then you have opportunities to invite them to sign up for your email list which means they could become prospects or potential customer opportunities.
That’s why I always have my free guides for you along with my offered programs and services.
But, how do you use social media marketing that will grow your email lists?
Marketing is one of the biggest challenges out there!
For one thing, it’s difficult to keep up with.
Social media marketing is prospecting that will grow your email lists and is part of your lead toolbox (searching for your ideal customer), because:
- Clicks and likes aren’t sales.
- You don’t own your contacts on social media.
- But, you can bring your ideal client into a conversation with you – either through a chat and/or emails.
Email marketing helps you engage and reengage with your prospective clients, along with the facts that:
- It’s not a substitute for other marketing
- Your prospecting can start with social media and move into leads by building your email lists.
- You’ll use a service for staying in touch with your email contacts. (I use AWeber and teach my clients how to use it for success in business!)
- And, it’s best used for building relationships that lead to sales and repeat business
Keep in mind:
You’ll be developing an email strategy…
- Remembering ‘the customer comes first’ rule is still working!
- Knowing who you want to reach.
- Where and how they can be reached?
- Why they should buy from you?
- What’s the best time of the day/week to reach them?
- What will trigger the purchase?
Don’t add everyone you meet to your email list. Improving your prospecting is getting those you want as leads, like fishing.
How do you use social media marketing to grow your email list?
- Make it worth their while!
- Offer something you know your ideal client would really want, maybe as a one-time incentive to sign up.
- Have them sign up to get a monthly coupon and special sales notices.
- Offer your expertise with timely tips and hints that will come to them on a regular basis for what they need help with the most.
Now we all know that social media can be here for us to have fun with and to extend our reach of possibilities online.
But, it gets better and better…
- Use social media to help get your content seen and become more visible.
- Understand the value of engaging on social media to strengthen relationships with your connections as you introduce your expertise to new audiences that will enable you to reach your next ideal client!
- Once you’ve built up your Facebook friends, decide who is a prospect and use social media to grow them into a lead. Bringing them onto your email list as another touchpoint, with so many more possibilities.
Because social media is a great way of establishing first contact with many people in your audiences!
Grab their attention in determined ways and guide them to join your email lists:
- Include a call to action on the banners of all your social media platforms. Have some fun with it and ask people to join your list.
- Post about your email list opt-in offer on all your social platforms about sections. Let them know why they would want to be a part of your ‘other’ community.
- Create a board on Pinterest and “pin” your newsletter when it comes out! Use an image from your email or take a screenshot of your entire newsletter to give readers a preview of your content. Remember to have your image link back to your opt-in offer! (And be sure to follow me and others on Pinterest!)
The basic idea is to urge people to get something they really want.
- A free offering, or offering them a great price for something of great value, maybe a discount coupon for a product or service that you know will be valuable to them.
Your offer will be like help coming from a friend who wants to be of assistance.
I hope you’ve found this helpful?
Please do let me know what you’d like to learn more about in the online marketing puzzle!
- How to Drive Value with Your Social Media Marketing Funnel - January 12, 2021
- What Results Do You Want From Your Blog and Social Media? - January 8, 2021
- How to Reach Your Social Media Goals in 2021 - January 5, 2021