Is it possible to capture and communicate anything of value about your brand and what you offer using just a one sentence value?
With only 20 to 60 seconds to catch a site visitor’s, or possible client’s, attention, you can draw them into your site content and set the tone in your content. Think about what your blog looks like when someone comes to visit. What would your one sentence value say to them? Think about it…
- Do you have trouble explaining your service to prospective clients?
- Do you get caught up in jargon when you try to share your expertise?
- Do prospects get that ‘deer in the headlights’ look when you tell them what you do?
- — Articulate your unique value to your prospective clients, with a one sentence value of what you offer. You can leverage that branding message in creative new ways.
Site visitors, prospective clients, want to know how or what problems you can solve for them. There are certain words that will clue in your market that ‘yes’ you are what they want.
1. How do you tell if your content passes the “easy read” test? And, then put that into a one sentence value of understanding?
People on the Internet are not making notes as they read – they are skimming. If they can’t read quickly then your writing needs to be more simple. Become aware that on the Internet you have to use short sentences and words.
Can someone who is not in your field of business follow along? Show your content to a friend that doesn’t know anything about your business. If it is not clear to them, then you know it won’t be clear to your audience. You do want them to ‘get’ what your site is all about.
You can, and need to, say here is what I do – in that one sentence value statement – put your philosophy out there.
Ex: I am more interested in helping you…paint your house, train your dog on a leash.
And, then note something about what you are going to do for them – Ex:
“We are going to do very simple things that will help your dog understand what you want him to do on the leash.”our new business? Get The Coaching Business Entrepreneur posts delivered to your inbox for FREE. Enter your info below so you won’t miss any of Serious about your new business? Get Coaching Business Entrepreneur posts delivered to your inbox for FREE. Enter your info below so you won’t miss any of the good stuff! I’ll also be including my first ‘Ask Coach Donna’ recording and other great gifts to help your business and life move forward more quickly!
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023