You won’t be seen in your Facebook News Feed if you don’t get more engagement on Facebook.
Do you ever take a look, like, make a comment, maybe even share what others’ posts that you see in your News Feed?
That’s where all the action is on Facebook pages!
And remember, it’s a free news feed that can also include your news items when you make use of it!
It’s one of the greatest ways you can make the most of Facebook; by using the FREE tools available and get more engagement on Facebook!
Okay, so you post to your Facebook page, hoping you’ve hit upon something that works.
Think about this…
You want to get more engagement on Facebook with the posts on your page and:
- Your goal is to have more clicks, likes, shares, and comments. That’s engagement. Sorta like when you visit back and forth with a friend.
Since that’s the case…
Let’s look into these three parts for the perfect Facebook post.
Ones that will help you get more engagement on Facebook and be seen more often on Facebook’s News Feed.
Here’s what I discovered and what I try to apply…
Three parts of a perfect Facebook post that will help you get more engagement on Facebook:
- Click-Baiting Headlines
When you post “…a link with a headline that encourages people to click to see more, without telling them much information about what they will see…(it’s been noted) Posts like these tend to get a lot of clicks, which means that these posts get shown to more people, and get shown higher up in News Feed.” From the Facebook Newsroom
- It could be your own status updates
- Including, sharing updates from like type informative articles that you feel your audience would find valuable
- Headlines help your audience decide. Facebook found “…when we asked people in an initial survey what type of content they preferred to see in their News Feeds, 80% of the time people preferred headlines that helped them decide if they wanted to read the full article before they had to click through.”
Get more engagement on Facebook means using 40 characters or fewer
If you can swing it!
These are also the least used types of posts, and actually seem to get more engagement on Facebook
Now you’ll want to combine images and links (click baiting) with your short text for maximum impact!
Some great guidelines…
- Mix up your social and business posts in a ratio of around 40:40:20 to create a lasting connection that goes way beyond one sale.
- Adding a personal side to who you are.
- Post helpful articles and content – that’s not always yours!
- Produce and share content on topics that matter to your customers and they will feel an engagement emotionally
- Facebook has stated that the goal of every update to News Feeds is to show people the most interesting stories at the top of their feed.
- In general, Facebook also recommends that you use the story type that best fits the message you want to tell – whether that’s a status, photo, link or video.
Here’s another way to get ideas and help in how to get more engagement on Facebook…
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- Want a Successful Marketing Formula? - February 10, 2020
- Introducing10 Steps in How To Set Powerful Goals and Values ⚡ - December 15, 2019
- Do You Use Confidence Builders Like This? 👷 - September 26, 2019