If you want success with content marketing stop ‘selling’ and start helping instead.
Think educate, not sell
Attract your ideal audience with content marketing and be:
What you share can add value for your audience and with really useful information.
- It can’t be a one-way conversation about your brand.
I know for me, it can be difficul to write content in a conversational manner.
= It does seem a bit easier to match the tone and spirit of your values.
- Off-brand content is worse than no content at all – so that means staying on course with your ideas and ideals.
Your content marketing goal will always be about adapting your messages to the needs and expectations of your audience.
- Even as your brand promotes and shares your work.
- Your readers and clients want to know how your information can benefit them.
- You’ll be letting your ideal audience know that you understand what’s important to them.
So what are the basics you need to know up front?
- Sometimes, you may not know your target market (straight to their core).
If that’s the case, you’ll always fall short in your content and marketing messages.
Define your audience!
Before you dig into how to attract your ideal audience with content marketing, it’s important to know:
- Who is your target audience?
Are you trying to attract momprenuers or mid-sized businesses? Data scientists or marketers?
A great way to understand what would appeal and attract your ideal audience is to invest time into visualizing who your ideal reader (prospective or current client) is.
- What are the pains your ideal audience is trying to resolve?
- What do they want?
- Go ahead and list the top five things they want/need that you can offer.
It’s a problem that creates conflict, struggles, and pressure. Threatens to keep them apart from their goals.
- What is a promise that your brand offers in which their problem is solved?
You have tangible benefits of a solution you can offer. Write those out and put them in your content and messages.
In this week’s Social Media Mastermind Group coaching, we went deeper into:
- How are buyers getting from step one (“Do I have a need?”) to a justified decision?
- What is their “existing conversation” they’re having with themselves about their problems, needs, or wants?
- Do you have an understanding what your ideal audience is going through before they decide to make a purchase?
Discovering more about how to attract your ideal Audience, means knowing the answers to these questions.
Understanding your audience’s problems and their biggest motivation – really does get your messaging in front of them through your headlines, all of your content, and on your optin and sales pages. It’s called copywriting.
- You’ll write like you’re writing to a friend.
- Feeling at ease fitting in and attracting your ideal audience.
After years of blogging, social media sharing, and building, plus relationships with my readers, I have had a hit and miss approach.
- Meaning sometimes I ‘get’ it and pretend like I’m writing to my friend Jennie, who is a perfect avatar for me to use.
Do you see the value here?
Put your plan together on how to attract your ideal audience.
Think about what will attract your ideal audience and what they care about the most.
- Have fun.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- 3 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Reach 😱 - July 6, 2020
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - July 3, 2020
- Engagement in Email Marketing - June 6, 2020