You’ve heard it before…Content marketing to influence your ideal audience is the fuel to social media.
For that reason…
Marketers are always thinking about how to get their ideal clients to engage with their content online.
Your audience can’t know what you do and how you can solve their problems until…
You know your audience so well that you can offer practical solutions. because you understand what is driving them.
- That means you need to explore what’s in their heart, not just their head.
- Walk in their shoes and get more curious about the solutions you could offer.
Content marketing to influence engagement is you having a conversation about the real outcomes they would like to see.
As it turns out…
When you have clarity about what you really sell and the changes in life or business that you offer and your audience wants, then you’ll be clearer in explaining what you have to offer.
Now you’ll hone your content to who is really your market.
The audience that you can make a difference with is why you use content marketing to influence engagement.
Content marketing to influence engagement can happen when you’ve spurred on that interest in what you do.
Think about it:
Social media marketing is about maximizing engagement with your messaging and positioning.
And this is where your work comes in as you gain an understanding in what makes your audience want to talk about you and what you do.
Then content marketing to influence engagement is when you skillfully use your understanding in a specific strategy or tactic.
But, what is good content for your audience?
Good content engages the interests of your target market – your ideal client. It is meaningful to their wants, needs, and desires. You want your content to cause a personal response.
Great content marketing includes:
- Interesting stories, videos, quotes, your blog post/articles, ask users for their opinions with all types of content and include opt-in URL’s to give and get more targeted information.
Your goal is that your content will create a community where users go to find something interesting and socialize with other like-minded people.
Here are a couple of engagement ensuring tips:
- I’ve found that certain words help your content get shared more…word likes “why”, “most”, “easy”, “what”, “world”, “how”, “inspires,” “amuses”, “warns”…
- Your goal with Facebook marketing is to publish content that “gives, advises, amuses, inspires, amazes, or unites, educates.”
- Now you’ll test, measure, and repeat.
- As a general rule, Socialbakers found that posting once per week on Facebook was so low as to lose connection with your audience.
- Interactive content marketing is more engaging. What is interactive content marketing?
- Surveys and quizzes
- Ask open-ended questions
- Create content that solves problems and ask how it might be helpful to them.
- Showcase your products/services in a way that is interesting, appealing, even surprising!
- Read more tips and ideas at How to Get More Engagement on Facebook Quickly
Have fun as you diversity your tactics of engagement with content marketing to influence engagement.
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
12 thoughts on “How to Use Content Marketing to Influence Engagement”
This is helpful! Especially those words you named. I have been trying to figure content marketing out for years now. I get so frustrated and hopeful – both during the same day. I’m really going to try out the words thing!
I always want to make sure that I’m informing my reader but didn’t realize about the other key words that you mentioned such as inspiring and amusing. I like those suggestions! It’s always hard work to get engagement on social media channels!
Great to hear, Lisa! Thank you 🙂
Creating quizzes on Facebook is an easy and good way to create interaction to audiences and at the same time display content. I like that there are free apps available. A creative way to do content marketing is really important nowadays.
Great topic. You explained it in an easy to understand way with great examples. I am new to content marketing and can often find myself overwhelmed or not enough time. Hopefully this gets easier over time as there is so much to learn. Exciting topic for sure!
Thank you so much, Allison! I appreciate what you’re saying and still get myself into overwhelm on occasion!
This is such a timely post for me. While I’ve been blogging 4+ years now .. it wasn’t until recently that I really began to focus on growing and interacting with my audience. As an introvert .. admittedly it’s far outside my comfort zone. Thank-You for wonderful food for thought!
Thank you Ali – so glad you found this timely!
You’re speaking my language. Content marketing and engagement – so important for brands and bloggers. I love the attention this has been getting. I also find it so interesting all the different points of view. I know of recommendations for posts 26 times a day to Facebook to get awesome engagement. Then others say one time a day. Definitely have to customize for each brand. Will check out that list, thank you!
Getting engagement on Facebook is so hard! Thanks for the tips!
This is very useful information about content marketing, which I plan to implement. I am struggling with my ideal audience right now. I can’t seem to get it down to a specific niche that I feel that I can write about for a lengthly amount of time.
Thank you, Tami- I always think about what and who I want to work with so I have a list interests and passion areas that I want to share – that’s how my own business evolved to where I am now
Comments are closed.