What does copywriting, marketing and persuasion have to do with your blogging?
Copywriting, marketing, and persuasion is writing promotional text to persuade your reader to your point of view.
So why would you want to be good at copywriting, marketing and persuasion when you’re writing your blog posts?
I think I just answered that, right?
And, earlier this year I wrote about one of the oldest Marketing Formulas AIDA – Attention, Interest, Desire and Action.
You can read that post at “Want a Successful Marketing Formula”.
This AIDA formula is also a copywriting formula that trains you on using the art of writing for your own blog.
The formula is based on
- You gaining the attention of your reader.
- Triggering an interest for more.
- Creating a desire for your readers to stay and read your post.
- Motivating an action for your reader to take.
There are techniques you can add for copywriting, marketing and persuasion in your blog:
1. Your Headline needs to entice your readers to find out more and is your major component for capturing your readers’ attention.
- This is also where you use your keywords.
2. Yes you do have a subhead in your blog. It’s your first sentence or short paragraph, and it can be used to trigger your reader to continue.
- Keywords again need to be used for SEO.
3. Think about how your sentences and paragraphs need some white space by having them shorter and different lengths.
- Making it easy and quick for your reader.
- Avoiding the tendency to be wordy.
When thinking about copywriting, marketing, and persuasion for your blog posts, you already know that content is central. As they say ‘Content is King’.
Great content keeps your visitors interested and helps promote your blog.
Even as you are putting out great content, your aim is to suggest to your readers a specific point of view.
How to do you do that?
- Understand your targeted audience.
- Think as they think.
- What is useful to them about your content?
- Being persuasive
- The more targeted you are in your writing – who are you writing for – the more effective, real, and persuasive it will be in helping your audience want more.
Want to learn more about online and offline marketing as you Build Your Email List and Your Business? <== Click on the words. And, ask me how I added over 1000 new subscribers to my list in just 4 months…
…More ways to grow your business…and generate those quality leads…
Then join other online small businesses at our monthly no-cost Open Forum live Q&A call at==> Tired of working too hard to build your list?
“Donna! You’re so good at giving nice clear instructions on what to do next. Always lots of bonus info too! Thanks. I’m looking forward to the next one and trying to push myself to follow through.” Kathleen Swiderski
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
10 thoughts on “Want Copywriting, Marketing and Persuasion?”
I didn’t think about the key words in my first line and it being like a sub-heading. Great idea Donna. Your tips are so helpful and in doses that are do-able!
Candess recently posted..The Prostitute Archetype
Thank you Candess and I am so glad you found this helpful – and glad you stopped by to read and comment! 🙂
It’s always nice to have a template to follow when writing, no matter what kind of writing you are doing.
Jenn Alex Brockman recently posted..How To Start Low Carb Diet for Diabetes
Thanks Jenn! Great point about having a template to follow – it’s become a routine for me and part of my systems – so glad you gave a comment after reading my post!
Thanks for the amazing advice. I’m going to try to re-post this when I do my Blogging Series in November. I have bookmark this for feature reference as well.
Tamika Mapp recently posted..My BFF aka Blog Failure Fridays
So very kind of you, Tamika! I hope to hear more about your Blogging Series, then! 🙂
Really helpful, especially now as I’m preparing to launch my first book. I need to make some promotional posters! I have been kind of in the dark about any technique!
Amy Bovaird recently posted..Vision-Impaired Chief Cook
So very nice, Amy! Thank you for letting me know – I hope to hear an update from you! 🙂
Really got a lot from this information. I subscribed so I can catch more as you put it out. I will practice and keep these tips in mind as I write my own material. Thanks Donna!
Jaye Carden recently posted..Business Marketing Strategies
Thank you Jaye! I am grateful – and hope to hear how this is helping you? 🙂
Comments are closed.