#1 Your blogging decisions will include your blogging philosophy – you need to be crystal clear about why you are blogging and what your blog will be about.
Thinkers and dreamers have to develop and defend their own positions, so you will want to make sure that you pick a topic for your blog that is going to be successful in the long term. Now even if you already have a blog you can make changes.
#2 Determine Your Target Market – you will consistently want to keep in mind who your target market is – who are you going to be blogging for; who are your ideal clients; because you want to make sure it’s very obvious who you are talking to, as you put together your blog posts, always be very clear about who you re going to be talking about.
#3 Determine Your Focus – you also want your blog to be tightly focused and directed towards a specific niche within your industry – you do not want to have a blog that talks about everything under the sun – that’s not going to be very successful – make sure that you create it tightly focused. There are some very simple ways to do this.
#4 Build Your Blog – once you have your philosophy set up; you’ve identified your target market; and you understand your focus –
- Decide On Your Blog Platform – Now there are lots of blogging platforms – you’ll need to decide on what blogging platform is good for you and if you are already using a blogging platform, you can always enhance that blog or perhaps you may decide to switch your platform.
You might ask yourself questions such as:
- Should I use a free Blogger.com blog or
- Get my own hosted blog on my own Domain?
- Which Blog Platform is best?
- What are the Pros and Cons of going with Typepad instead of WordPress as a blog platform?
- Should I start out on a free Blogging Platform and upgrade later?
Sometimes blogging decisions can be overwhelming – and sometimes nothing gets done because of that feeling. but, that’s why I am a Business Coach – I help you out of overwhelm and can guide you through this or do it for you. Let me know how I can be of help to you.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - July 3, 2020
- Engagement in Email Marketing - June 6, 2020
- How You Can Make Your Facebook Page More Interesting - June 1, 2020