Before I jump into 3 tactical ways of creating and building engaged blogging communities – Let me say this: It is you using savvy blogging tactics.
As you may have noticed…
In my Blogging Savvy Kit I offer an ebook that helps you understand how and why you need to put together a plan for your blog whether you’re blogging as a hobby or for fun. You can have more wins with the ‘Big Picture’ on a strategic path. Go ahead and download that kit at Blogging Savvy Kit and get your strategies and tactics in place to implement.
I must let you in on an unexpected secret…
Writing your content and promoting your blog with these strategies, tactics, and resources in mind can be the key to a successful and savvy approach that will be creating and building engaged blogging communities right from the start.
#1 Your general strategy is making your idea and what you’re writing a search-friendly tactic that your ideal audience will be looking for.
It’s you always creating optimized posts, using the keywords that you’ve researched and found that others are searching for online when looking for your ‘niche’ of information.
This is you leveraging your blog posts and content to boost your search in the engines.
Let me ask you this…
#2 Do you want to attract readers, a larger audience?
- Then you have to identify the group of people you want to reach. If you want to be creating and building engaged blogging communities of raving fans, you have to know who you’re writing for.
Here’s an exercise: In a paragraph, describe your ideal target audience.
This is you getting to know your ideal audience and their top pain points
Rather than broad-based content that fits nearly anyone, narrow in on the needs and the transformations you can offer.
Now ask answer this…
The results my audience would get from reading my blog posts are ________________________________________ so that they can (do what?)
Yours might be…so that they can get healthy. Now why would they want to be healthy? What would be an event in their lives that would trigger that desire?
- Could it be: So that they can get healthy, have more stamina and the energy to run that marathon they’ve always wanted to do. Helping them feel good about themselves. If they feel good about themselves, they can have more self-reliance.
- What happens if they have more self-reliance? I think you get it, keep hammering it down to get to the real issues that you have the answers to.
Find these answers and you’ll find out how and what to write for your targeted audience that they will want more of from you.
- Now you’ve aligned to your audience’s triggers. Helping them move from not caring about your blog post to taking action.
The more you listen to your audience, you learn what interests them, how your content is currently resonating with them, what your competitors are saying, and what conversations are happening within your niche.
Convincing them stay on your site a bit longer and make comments about what you’ve written and how you may have helped them or they may ask you for your ideas.
That’s what you want!
#3 Have you created a content promotion strategy?
And that’s not all…you must ask this…
What is the end result of bringing readers to your site?
Have you aligned your strategy to your blogging and promotion goals?
Example: My goal is building an opt-in community using a clear strategy and objectives to growing my email list and community of raving fans.
- If that’s also a part of your goal? Then you’ll also want to read more about growing your audience at Can Your Irresistible Optin Offer Reveal Some Secrets?
A word of caution about promoting:
You have to consistently and persistently…GET THE WORD OUT
Earning your blog’s credibility, increasing traffic, and promoting your blog in the process are all part of your long term strategy and daily tactics.
You already know that the only way you can build your blog readership is by becoming highly visible across a variety of online platforms; this includes blogging communities, social networking groups, and growing your online community to get more notice.
Re-purposing your content helps leverage your time and gets more attention.
- That would be turning pieces of a blog post into several tweets.
- Setting up an e-book optin gift.
- Turning your content into emails for your list and giving so much more for your list.
Creating and building engaged blogging communities means you don’t have to buy people’s attention — they give it to you.
The best ways to creating and building engaged blogging communities:
- Build a large following: This is you creating valuable content, engaging with as many people as possible, and maximizing you profile in online searches.
- Build your community: Use your online platforms strategically. This is where you can develop large followings.
- Using a combination of the two and start by finding your one ideal reader.
So please do share in the comments how you go about creating and building engaged blogging communities.
But there is just one small catch…That learning these strategies and tactics to build your community takes time and effort – be on our Build Your List call and ask more about what you can do…
List Building With Social Media, blogging, and building your list of contacts is needed if you want a more interactive community! Join in the conversation at our monthly F.ree call – Become a Better List Builder
What others are saying…
“All the blogging articles I read stress the importance of building an email list. I definitely need to work on this- it’s on my to-do list!” Angelica recently posted..How I Got My Babies To Sleep Through The Night
“You always have such great information. Building a good list is one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion.” Dawn recently posted..Serve the Perfect Brunch with these Spring Decorating Ideas
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our Ask Coach Donna Newsletter & on-going training. Receive each new post delivered right to your inbox weekly. Sign up here.
- How You Can Use Testimonials & Build Trust – Need Templates? - November 4, 2022
- Admit These 6 Mistakes And Make Things Right - October 8, 2022
- Valuable Ways Audio And Video Messages Can Build Trust 🤝🏼 - September 4, 2022