Blogging, and your own blog, is a do-or-die kind of thing for any business now.
Just look at what management guru Tom Peters said about blogging in front of hundreds of people:
“I will simply say, my first post was in August of 2004. No single thing in the last 15 years professionally has been more important to my life than blogging.”
These are NOT random words regarding your own blog.
It’s no coincidence that tens and thousands of people all around the world made money, got expert status, and maybe found their life’s passion through blogging. You can do the same with your own blog.
But how can you do this with your own blog?
Now, I know that some of the things that I might consider easy – like setting up a blog – can sometimes completely bewilder others.
- And that’s where a mentor or coach, like Coach Donna Laree Ward, comes in.
A business coach will help you with these questions and issues of:
- Why do you need or want your own blog?
==> To reach people of similar interests
==> Share your knowledge, network, and experience
The initial stage to setting up your own blog, like any endeavor, is STRATEGY –
- What is your business model going to be like, what do you want your business to do?
- Is your business plan going to include advertisements on your own blog?
==> If you already have a large list – maybe this would be a good thing
==> Are ads in the right column going to be relevant to your blog – or irritating?
- You will be building your personal brand on your own blog?
==> Your brand, knowledge and network could increase in value.
- You will want to set time aside to create blog posts of about 250-400 words, and…
- Post to your blog 2-3 times a week, consistently – I’ve heard it said that posting on the same day and at about the same time helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
==> What will be the name of your blog, your domain name?
- What actually is a domain name? A domain name is the name of your site, what the search engines find, and is the main part of your url – i.e. http://www.yourdomainname.com
- It will be the word that your market uses when they are searching for information like yours – look up some of the words you might use for your domain name and see how popular they are for your own product/service searches
==> Just like the 3 Bears – You don’t want your target words/phrases searched for way too little and you don’t want these searched for way too much. You want your target wrods searched for just right.
Bottom line: choose a market, find the search words that are just right, and register a domain for your own blog.
Need help? I help people just like you – so contact me – Donna Laree
Please do leave a comment or a great question on my blog.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- How You Can Make Your Facebook Page More Interesting - June 1, 2020
- Want a Successful Marketing Formula? - February 10, 2020
- Introducing10 Steps in How To Set Powerful Goals and Values ⚡ - December 15, 2019