Why have a business vision?
Because the fuel of your business is knowledge – And, when you have your vision, your big end results picture in mind, it will be helping you understand where you are and knowing where you are going.
When you explore where you are now and where you want to be…It will change how you see things.
- Giving you inspiration and motivation. And, you may find a few things to consider NOT doing to keep you on track.
Your business vision is the foundation of your business planning and systems. Without a business vision, how will you know where you want to go and do next? Without a destination, how will you create a road map to get you there?
- Why would you want to do things differently? Things are working for you now? Great! Keep doing what you’re doing.
But what about when times are rough?
How strong will your foundation be and can you rely upon a sudden bright idea? And, you don’t know what you don’t know. Why not find out more? Why not know what you need to do next, to keep moving towards what you want?
- Most of us don’t have a business vision, let alone a business plan.
I would have to think part of the reason many of us don’t have a business plan, is because we don’t want to put work into a long, complicated document that doesn’t seem very useful.
- The typical business plan asks us to define our services and competition and the approximate size of the market we want to tackle; however, it might not include a detailed marketing and sales plan —the stuff the small business needs to do to sell services/products to clients.
When you write out your your business vision – it’s like really getting to know your best friend – the friend that is going to help you get what you want in life. Standing strong, when you have a bad day.
Your business vision is your target of where you want to go and be. It’s the business life you want to live. Your business plan includes the goals and big picture strategies and details that support your vision.
- Then your marketing and sales plan can include the tasks and processes you will need to have in place to reach your objectives so you can fulfill your vision.
How to get that business vision on track for you?
- Start where you are = figure out who you are now in business and how you got here.
• Who are you?
• What do you do?
• Who do you do it for? (Your audience)
• Where do you do it? (Where does your audience hang out the most?)
• When do you do it?
• Why do you do it?
• How did you get here?
- Who do you want to be and where do you want to go in your business? If you could wave a Magic Wand…
• Who do you want to be in your business and life?
• What do you want to do?
• Who do you want to do it for? (Your ideal client.)
• Where do you want to be when you do it? (From home, in an office, on the Internet, or giving direct sales parties? Maybe all? Then tell about how that will work and feel for you.)
• When do you want to do it? (3 months, 6 months, a year from today?)
• Why do you want to do it?
• What is your vision from your customer’s perspective? (What you are trying to do for your customers. “My customer vision is to have my clients find clarity and focus to get things to open up in their businesses.”
You can turn your answers into full sentences, then you’ll be creating a formal business vision – the first step in your business planning.
You may want to download the ‘One Page Business Plan’ that I offer as part of my (go ahead and click ==>) Business Strategies Starters Kit.
Want more help? Please join us at http://donnalward.com/coachinggroup/ – and get the special 1 dollar offer for 30 day trial!
What are your thoughts on this? Please do comment…
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- 3 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Reach 😱 - July 6, 2020
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - July 3, 2020
- Engagement in Email Marketing - June 6, 2020