There must be some reason that when I mention business systems, you might think of computers storing and process data, like a ‘point of sale’ system for retail stores. That’s what many small business owners picture. And they think these type of systems aren’t for them..
Well, that type of system may or may not be for your business. But, a business system isn’t just hardware or software. It’s the way that you do any part of your business. It’s how you do things. You may not be aware of using systems, or you just may not using them efficiently.
Your own business support system typically is a disciplined, regular procedure or process running your business operations.
As an example:
The role of business support systems in a service provider is to cover four main areas – write down the steps that need to happen within each area of:
· Product management – Do you know what you need to work on that ties in with your customers’ solutions and needs?
· Client management – Do you have a CRM system? If not, do you at least mark your calls and conversations on a calendar of sorts – so you can follow up and know what has been discussed?
· Income management – Do you keep track of the sales? If you start small, then each piece of money coming in can be put into the system right away and not lost.
· Order management – is it online – by phone? What is your system here?
Ask yourself for each bulleted point above:
· What takes place on a regular basis – or what needs to happen regularly to move your business forward?
· Add your own bullets for what you need to take care of to make your business move forward.
I regularly urge my own clients to get everything they know about their business out of their head and onto paper. I’m urging you now to do the same with your systems.
Start writing out how you do things in your business.
Do this in detail. For each area, make a very detailed description of every step in the process. Include what you do and why you do it. Include the subtle parts that make your company uniquely you. Include the parts that you are proud of. Include the tricks that make it efficient. Include what you tried that didn’t work and explain why.
Read the complete article at: http://hubpages.com/t/1e5da3
Why am I sending you to hubpages.com to read my article? Because, I want you to become familiar with seeing an article that has been submitted online – and I want you to open an account at hubpages.com, write an article, submit your article and then tell me all about your experience of doing this.
- If you already have submitted to an article at hubpages.com, then I want to read your article, so send me your link!
- Engagement in Email Marketing - November 24, 2021
- 7 Ways to Use Competitors to Find Your Best Facebook Targeted Audience ? - February 2, 2021
- Can Your Irresistible Opt-in Offer Reveal Some Secrets? ? - January 15, 2021