1. Creating awareness, building up a clientele and establishing systems, oh my!
It does takes time.
– Businesses that blog get 88% more leads/month than those that don’t.
Yet, building an Internet business is not as fast paced as we would like to think.
2. Breaking down the basics
It does take time to ‘get it’ and start moving forward.
– Online sites, rather a blog or website, take time to get listed and ranked high in search engines.
- Time for all our sites’ pages to be optimized and build their online, SEO, credibility.
- It takes time to find great linkbacks and inlinks to help rank our site better.
We can buy all these things if we want, but most of us seem to be ‘do it yourself’ types and/or just don’t have the funds, yet.
Plus, organic promotion of our blog is as easy as a, b, c…
a) Setup a WordPress site/blog.
b) Build a list.
c) Start promoting our blog.
So yes, it does take time and training if we want to make our blog popular on the web, but the journey can be be taken in baby steps.
3. The Internet Rewards: Persistence
Statistics show that posting to our blog 20 or more times in a month will see the biggest return in traffic and leads.
Our blogging is a long-term marketing asset that can, and does, bring traffic and leads for our business.
– It introduces us as a leader in our area of expertise and builds our credibility.
– We start to earn people’s trust and become more likable. (Hopefully!)
So how to start, and keep going?
- Planning is essential.
A very basic plan works…
- Have a daily checklist to persistently work towards improving content and increasing traffic.
Here’s a few ideas to start with:
– Publish one unique post at least 20 times a month.
– Leave comments on one or two other like-type business sites – each time there is a new post published.
– Choose a couple of forums with members that include our target audience and make posts to each forum and contribute to the conversations.
– Research and write new posts, to stay up on what is happening and get inspired.
This is a basic plan that can become a system to get started, get noticed, build credibility – and build our business online.
What do you think?
Struggling to get more new clients? You may want to join other small businesses at our Weekly no-cost Open Forum live Q&A call at==> Tired of working too hard to build your list?
“The first 2 weeks in this coaching group – I have beem learning about growing my business and stepping out of my comfort zone – going out and meeting people and being able to talk to people better – making phone calls (had phone phobia) – writing down and making deadlines and reaching them – I am feeling more comfortable in how people are perceiving me.” seajaicolston.miche.com