What is a Blog? And, what is a blog going to do for your small business? The answer to what is a blog, can be short, a blog is the “Heart” or some say “Hub” of your small business online.
What is a blog and it’s purpose for your business and the people that come to your site?
- A blog gives you the unique opportunity to show who and what your business is, in a totally new light.
Because the Internet has encouraged a much more sophisticated consumer base, they know exactly what they want before they purchase it. Generalization is not going to be effective. People want to know that you have worked with others like them, that you understand their specific problems and concerns, and that you can craft a solution to fit their needs and solve their problems.
Your real answer to what is a blog:
— It’s where you demonstrate your expertise, to build credibility and trust.
— Then your blog can help build your visibility on the Internet, you are:
- going to syndicate your blog’s content with an RSS Feed. Setting up an RSS feed button on your blog makes it easy for your loyal readers to not just read your blog but also know when you publish new content. So that you can attract and bring them home to your blog and have opportunities for conversions when the time is right.
- Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites. Take time to submit your posts to social bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit. It is a a simple way to quickly boost traffic to your blog.
And, what is a blog doing for your business, when:
1. You bring people into your site.
2. You create more content that helps you build products and services that your fans (site visitors) are craving.
3. You listen learn and engage on social networks and then invite them to your blog. You broadcast out with a link back to your site – with a sentence or two from your blog to entice them to come back to your site.
When your readers like and trust you they start to take actions. They subscribe to updates, trade their email addresses for a free report or other information from you. Then when you have something to offer as a product or service, they will be more attracted to your offer – that is really the power of blogging for your business.
Don’t Be Introverted, Timid, or Reserved –
Be Polite, Professional and Get Noticed in Great Ways.
So have you wonderered why people ask ‘what is a blog’ when they are interested in promoting their small local business?
The most important part of an online blog, is community and much of your success as a business blogger is going to be networking. Just like in the offline world of business. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, join conversations or just say ‘Hi’ and introduce yourself, like you would at a Chamber of Commerce event. Don’t sit back and hope your audience will find you. Speak out and let them know where you are, why you are, and that you have something to great say! Promote, market, and network!
So…What is a Blog? It helps you make a powerful message and optimize the channels of getting it out to your target audience. Again…What is a Blog? It is a client generating piece for your business!
Learn more about ‘What is a Blog’ by “Unlocking the Power of Your Small Business Blog”
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023