Online affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards an affiliate (partner) for each visitor directed to the merchant’s own site and makes a purchase.
- It works by simply using the affiliate’s site to drive traffic to the merchant’s own site.
Basically, online affiliate marketing is:
- Sharing revenue between online merchants and online affiliates.
The compensation given to the affiliates depend on how many user clicks, sales or registrations were made on the merchant’s site.
- These user clicks come via the customers directed from the affiliate’s site.
Merchants have preferred this Internet marketing strategy (online affiliate marketing) because it is a “pay per performance” model, where they do not incur any expenses for marketing their products unless the affiliate produces the results they need.
- Online affiliate marketing can also be translated as a type of business relationship where you, as an affiliate, promote a merchant’s services which is different from yours.
This means that you do not need to have your own product in order to venture into affiliate marketing. You only need to promote your business provider’s services and products.
This is how it works –
- You need to have an online sales page that contains a link that directs your users or visitors to the main page or online store of the merchant.
- When one of your site visitors clicks on that link and purchases something from the merchant’s website, you will get a sort of referral fee.
- This way you are the one driving traffic to your merchant’s website through your own web page.
- The merchant pays you whenever a visitor from your site buys something on their site.
- A special affiliate link is assigned to you, making it easy for the merchant to track customers coming from your site.
The success of affiliate marketing has also paved way for the rise of many online companies such as Amazon.com, which now has thousands of affiliates.
Also – click on Affiliate Secret Success Tips
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- You Do Want Better Results in Your Facebook News Feeds - August 1, 2017
- This is How to Get Headlines for More Facebook Engagement - July 25, 2017
- 4 Proven Keys to Facebook Page Success - June 19, 2017