Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Listening to your audience on social media
Listening on social media is one of your critical first steps when creating your blog and business social media strategy.
Why is social listening critical to your business, and what is it?
By studying the conversations and trends surrounding your business and market, you can optimize your marketing to help grow your reach and interest in your product. All to help you reach your business and income goals!
- If you’ve noticed a dip in your online sales, tweaking your marketing strategies might be what you want to do to help your business grow.
- Social media is a choice that has proven successful for many businesses. But when the topic of social selling is raised, many business owners feel they need help.
So, where and how do you begin updating your business’s social media?
Businesses can start by creating and updating their social selling strategy.
A strategy may look like this:
#1: Know your market – intimately.
- To start with, it is paying attention to your strategies of how attentive you are in addressing your audience’s needs.
- Look at successful competitors. What can you model that would help your own business and attraction power?
#2 Businesses online need to identify the appropriate social media sites and communities where their ideal clients congregate and then learn what they can say and do to attract and help them.
- Listening on social media involves monitoring conversations about your industry on platforms like LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc. It lets you gain insights into what people say about your offering. They can give you ideas of what topics and trends are relevant to your target audience and what your competitors are doing to attract similar audiences. With this information, you can craft more effective and targeted content and campaigns to help boost your brand’s visibility and reach on social media platforms.
Listening on social media can show your audience that you care and how to help them.
- As you develop an authentic and powerful online style, you’ll understand more about what your audience wants.
- You’ll learn what makes that desirable to your ideal audience and what type of language to use that will attract.
That’s what listening on social media can do for your online success.
You can join in on the conversations with your target audience, even while listening on social media.
- Use that opportunity to help you gain audience intelligence in your everyday online activities.
People who are a part of your community, and those who don’t even know you yet, want your ideas, information, and suggestions, and they want you to hear them!
You’ll need to get into the habit of paying attention to more than what they say as part of your listening on social media.
- Take a look at your analytics and insights regularly to understand how they pay attention to you.
- Include yourself in their conversations and become likable and involved. That’s engaging!
When you’re listening on social media and responding, you can use it as a strategic tool for blogging, list building, repurposing, promotions, and competitive shrewdness.
Social media makes monitoring any of your platforms easy, enabling you to quickly see the results of your efforts. You’ll find out if your efforts are working, and you can identify why they might not be working and improve your work.
- Social listening is watching conversations on digital platforms to help you understand your ideal client’s preferences and what they say about brands and other online businesses.
- Social listening is the process you can use to help analyze conversations and trends around your brand and your industry and use those insights to improve your marketing.
How does this help you?
Quality content is essential to social listening. You’ll see what your audience is reacting to and find out what is relevant to them.
- Then you can constantly provide that relevant content, and more people will interact with and visit your site and want to read more about what you offer.
Expand your niche knowledge.
Your clients can learn more about you and your offers through the power of your social media sites. Social listening is how they know more about and from you.
- Social listening tools gather information about your brand and that of your competitors, which is publicly available online.
- Depending on the needs of your business, you can collect data over a predetermined period or in real-time.
- Also, you have the option to limit mentions to a specific set of languages or nations.
To determine what topics your clients most frequently discuss and mention about your products and services or brand online (for example, packaging, price, and availability). The research focuses on several keywords or phrases (like the name of your business or product). Comments are looked at to see the writer’s feelings and are then categorized as good, bad, or neutral based on tone and other variables.
How do you conduct social listening?
Your Social Listening Strategy
- Keep track of every mention of your brand in real-time and from a single location.
- Obtain the most accurate and recent input.
- Help identify Internet discussions that mention your brand.
- Keep tabs on the number of online interactions and sentiment shifts.
Design Your Product
Social listening helps you learn what your niche thinks of your products. Helping you keep track of both positive and negative comments to find any areas that need some work—allowing you to concentrate more on your target market’s needs and pain points, which can result in a better product.
What are some of the social listening tools you can use to enhance your own experiences for listening on Social Media?
Check out these tools:
1) Hootsuite is one of the tools you need to manage your social networks from one place.
2) Tweetdeck – A Twitter tool for real-time tracking, organizing and engagement.
3) TWEETREACH – Find out how far your tweets traveled? You can also find out who your most influential followers are.
4) Social Mention – Social Mention monitors over one hundred social media sites. It may be one of the best free tools for listening on social media.
5) Mention –
6) Google Alerts – You can enter the keywords that you have, and you can see who is talking about you!
It’s an ongoing process that you can develop into a top priority.
If you’re not monitoring your social media presence, you will be unaware of:
• What your competitors are doing.
• What people are saying about you and your brand.
• Whether you are doing a good job and…
• Whether you are improving your presence or it’s getting worse.
Because success means consistency and reliability. Which means you have to be visible and responsive.
One of the most important sites can be your Facebook business page!
“I have heard Donna speak before as well as know many of her clients. I hear only great things about what Donna teaches and that everyone gets more than what they ask for. Sandy Evers. ourgoldenparachute.com