We all know, starting our own business leads us to learn more about some kind of marketing and selling along the way.
But most of us struggle with how to let others know what we do without sounding like a used car salesman. And, as Internet marketers we want to avoid using hype.
Getting our information out there, being visible and bringing trustworthiness to our business can be frustrating, overwhelming and feel like a struggle, which usually results in very few clients and less income than we had hoped for.
- It doesn’t have to be that way!
Understanding Our Positioning Challenge and Using Positioning as part of our own solution…
- Is how we stay on top of the minds of our clients.
What are some positioning strategies?
Assuming we already know what our target audience wants, we begin to…
– Understand the features and benefits of our products, or services according to our ideal clients’ wants.
– Bring those benefits to the forefront in our marketing;
– Helping our target market think about our product first, compared to someone else’s products.
- This is our opportunity to influence our ideal clients’ awareness of our products and what we do.
It’s standing out as different ~ It is smartly positioning ourselves in our market as the one to go to.
- Really, positioning our business boils down to:
How do you stay on top of your target market’s mind?
You can start by asking yourself what are your benefits, then the results of those benefits that makes you so different. Why are you unique?
– How do you deliver a unique customer experience?
– Are you bringing a new solution to your market or solving an old problem, or adding value, in a new way?
Some businesses do a better job at standing out and attracting fans.
- Successful businesses that stand out don’t have clients. They have fans.
How do we create fans and grow our business, through positioning?
Listen to our clients’ needs.
– What would amaze them?
– What would inspire them?
– What would capture their hearts and imagination?
- Now that’s positioning you and your business in the top of their minds and hearts.
The best way to stand out is to actually be different.
– This is knowing your target audience so well that your communication strategies are focused on relationships and not just transactions.
– Using strategies that aren’t only targeted at selling products.
Then the hype in your marketing disappears.
Struggling to get more new clients?
Then join other small businesses at our Weekly no-cost Open Forum live Q&A call at==> Tired of working too hard to build your list?
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
- How to Reach Your Social Media Goals in 2023 - January 20, 2023
6 thoughts on “Positioning Your Unique Business”
Good article! Positioning is a large component in marketing since how people perceive your business plays such a crucial role not only for the short-term but mostly for the long-term.
Thank you so much Jason – So glad you see the value – I appreciate that – 🙂
Great tips. I work at home so I will keep these in mind.
Thank you Katherine, I hope to hear what tips might be implemented and used quickly by you!
Thank you so much for the helpful hints! I find them very useful and it is exactly the right thing I needed to read about at this stage of my business!! Great post!
Amina recently posted..Intuitive Listening in Relationships
Thank you Amina. I am just so glad you found it helpful and hope to see you hear more often. 🙂
Comments are closed.