Many of your blog design tips to convert were already built into your blog programming to attract and persuade the search engines to come and take a look.
Now it’s up to you to turn your site’s visitors into raving fans by making the most out of a few blog design tips to convert as you attract and keep them coming back for more!
I am super excited to share these design tips to convert and help you optimize and make the most out of your blog design.
#1 Make a Great First Impression
Make sure you’re connecting your audience with your blog’s purpose.
- Help them out. Make sure your visitors “get you” right from the start.
Know your client… very well.
- Research, visit with them, and take detailed notes about who they are, how they think, what they really want, and how they describe the need that you fill – the transformation that you offer.
Be distinct – Sharp
You want there to be no confusion with your site’s first impression.
- Make it clear to your site’s visitors –whether they are your potential clients or not — they need to know what you stand for.
- What is your “promise” to your visitors?
- Does your “voice” stand out with clarity and purpose?
#2 Be Constant During Their Entire Experience
This is where your blog design tips to convert catch on without anyone consciously noticing.
- One of the biggest struggles is to grow a consistent community around your blog’s content.
So remember that you invited them to your site.
You want them stay and say, ‘You had me at hello.’
- Giving them what they want more of and helping them to make a choice to stay and want the extras you offer!
Like signing up on your list; reading other posts; bookmarking your site, etc.
- So, think about some other ways you can go above and beyond for your site’s visitors.
If your audience can’t connect with you, you may enjoy reading more training about this at “Can You Convert Traffic into Leads and Sales?”
#3 The Characteristics of Your Blog
Your blog header is the first thing people see when they come to your blog!
- This is where you represent what your blog is all about and it cannot be treated like a magazine ad, brochure, or your personal billboard.
- Take a look at what’s trending on your competitor’s, and like type, sites for ideas.
A thought out tagline and a strategically designed banner can increase visitors staying on your site, well, dramatically.
- Your tagline, your hooky phrase, can entice your ideal visitors with a catchy and clear phrase, complementary colors, and fonts – that also quickly shares what you and your site are all about.
- Maybe think about a call to action phrase at the end of your banner.
Remember when you choose a face for your brand: A picture tells a thousand words.
What if, you needed to “warm up” your site, logo, and header by adding more depth and personality so that your ideal client can identify with and what you’re offering.
You would definitely need to look at it from your visitors’ point of view…
- What is it you offer on a regular basis?
- Who is it you want to attract and keep coming back?
- Why would they want to read your content?
- When will they need your information?
Because you always have to know your visitors’ – ‘W.I.I.F.M.’ – ‘what’s in it for me’ reason to be on your site reading, commenting, and signing up for more of your information.
This is a blogging success secret.
Choose three to five categories that will be the focus of your blog’s intent.
- Write a two sentence description for each category.
For example, if you own a Vacation Resort Cabin, categories might include “best places to explore”, “tips on fishing”, and “best areas to hike” so write around those.
# 5 Build a Responsive Blog Site
Obviously you want to create a blog that is appealing to your ideal visitors.
- Clearly stating who you serve and
- How you’ll help them.
- Building a consistent brand and look for your type of industry and your visitors.
- Make it easy for visitors to navigate on a smartphone or tablet.
Want to check and see if your site is mobile ready? Go now to Google Webmaster Tools and put your URL in – see what comes up for you!
#6 Reward Those Who Love You.
How do you know if you’re visitors are enjoying and appreciating what you offer on your site?
If you’re doing this work right for your site…
- You’ll notice it in your analytics, comments, and your list of email sign up’s will be expanding.
Make sure that your visitors “get you” right from the start and like what you offer and who you represent.
Show that you appreciate them back.
You are building your community. You want them to feel good about being a part of your group.
Because it’s so important for you to always be “Creating Blogs That Drive Clients to You”!
⇒The Blog Design Tips to Convert
While having a beautiful site means nothing without good content, traffic to your blog is more likely to stick around if the blog looks professional and inviting.
Your blog site is like your image you put forth to the world. Your image represents your personality.
- Like people, your blog has a personality. It’s time to get intimate and know your audience, your niche, and speak their language…meaningfully, visually, and verbally.
Making it easy for them to decide and be a part of your community by using blog design tips to convert!
So, does your blog traffic convert into leads? Let me know in the comments below.
And do let me know what you thought of this post in the comments below!
And Please Register and save your spot
List Building With Social Media, blogging, and building your list of contacts is needed if you want a more interactive community! Join in the conversation at our monthly F.ree call – Build Your List.
What others are saying…
“Love, love, loved this post! Sometimes I don’t know how to show that I’m the guide but I think I really need to tap into the power of my book. I’ve had great feedback from ones in the group who have read it. I believe they are indicators that the book is valuable, insightful and encouraging.: Thank you! Amy”
Amy Bovaird recently posted..Mobility Matters Audio Chapter!
“Donna, I actually signed up for your Thursday web meeting, to learn more about setting up an email list. Hooray! I can’t wait! Lots of good information in this post, as always!” Amy recently posted..So much to look forward to
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!