There are several types of strategies that are used in order to convert traffic into leads and sales.
But what does it mean to convert traffic into leads and sales, and why does it matter?
One of the more vital things to a business is generating leads (building your list) and future sales.
Say, you’re not in business?
Then think about this…
All of your Social Media activities and time you’ve spent online to attract more visitors to read your blog and build that community is pennies in the bucket compared to the golden nuggets your email list offers you.
Guess What? If your audience can’t connect with you…
» You’ve lost a possible reader that didn’t even know they could keep in touch with you and your work.
- Because, they are not going to check out your blog every day just to see if you have a new post.
OK…they might check it out once in awhile…if they remember you.
It needs to be easier for them to get your information whenever they want it. That’s the convert traffic into leads and sales part of your blogging.
- Let them know how easy it is to subscribe to your blog and email list so that they can receive more of your valuable information.
- By the way – that’s you wanting to keep in touch with them and then you can convert traffic into leads and sales – and maybe you’re not at the sales part yet, but you may be someday.
Now I can hear you saying, ‘But, I don’t want to do email marketing!”
But, what I’m hearing you really say is that you don’t want a permission-based email program with engaged subscribers who want to hear more from you.
Is that true?
When you say you really don’t care about converting traffic into leads and sales, are you saying that you also don’t care about extending the reach of your great information (more eyeballs, more often)?
If that’s so, then why are you promoting your blog to begin with? Hmmm….
Now, if you say yes to converting traffic into leads and sales…you are saying yes to sharing your information, selling people on you and maybe what you have to offer.
You next step then would be to encourage email subscriptions on your blog:
- Include an email sign up form on your blog, and make sure it’s a prominent call to action.
- You can also have it available in the content of your posts as well as in site navigation, so that folks who read your blog only in RSS feed readers still see it.
How do you start nurturing your community once they are reading your blog and on your email list?
Walk in your ideal reader’s shoes.
Nurturing to convert traffic into leads and sales means helping your audience find the answers to:
- How will your information or service help them?
- Why do they need it, if they feel they’re doing okay now?
- Is there another blog, or expert, out there that’s better?
- Will your solution really work? Can you prove it?
- Are your credible?
- Can they afford not to read your information on a regular basis?
Your only job here, is to make sure you nurture them along the way. Guiding them with insightful possibilities and opportunities.
You’re the guide!
The expected guide for your information as you strategically share your expertise so that they’ll want to take a longer walk with you.
Because you’re the one to point out all of the interesting ideas and facts along the path.
Blogging can empower you with a tool that generates income when you convert traffic into leads and sales.
So, does your blog traffic convert into leads?
And do let me know what you thought of this post in the comments below!
And Please Register and save your spot
List Building With Social Media, blogging, and building your list of contacts is needed if you want a more interactive community! Join in the conversation at our monthly F.ree call – Build Your List.
What others are saying…
“Love this post! I’m still learning about this. I play around with seo everyday. I’ve really improved compare to last year and can see the difference already.” Shaney Vijendranath recently posted..Nothing beats the flavour of home
“This is an awesome resource! Thanks so much for sharing! Im going to pin it for future use, I need to improve my SEO.”
Rebecca recently posted..An Inside Look at our Favorite Preschool Program