Have you thought about backcasting strategies as a way of planning your business results?
Backcasting strategies are what business coaches teach to help you reach your goals towards your vision.
Backcasting strategies are getting clear on your vision and filling in the gap from your destination back to where you are…
– It’s a way of planning in which a successful outcome is imagined in the future, followed by the question: “what do we need to do today to reach that successful outcome?”
One of the most important pieces of the business puzzle is filling in the steps between where you want to go from where you are now.
It is reverse engineering your future!
The first pieces of the business puzzle are getting focused on your vision and planning for your future.
– Start by saying what you’d really like to achieve.
– Don’t think about what is possible, or not possible.
– There will be a gap between where you want to be and where you are now.
– You can use “backcasting” to develop your vision and to help you develop a timeline.
Backcasting strategies can be your framework for planning on how to reach your business vision and goals.
It’s different from forecasting techniques which largely takes your steps out into the future, to look at possible outcomes.
Instead, backcasting strategies work ‘backwards’ from where you want to be, allowing you to work on strategic steps forward to meet your future from your current place.
You can write out your future as if you are there and then the details of how you got there.
==> Working backwards will give you the action steps to fill in the gap from here to there.
- It is Your Vision from Imagination to Certainty: Framing your vision into ACTION with focus and clarity.
Backcasting strategies help you outline your future, the vision you would like to head towards.
- It is targeting and being able to measure where you are in reaching your vision.
“Visualize this thing you want. See it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blueprint and begin.” Robert Collier
It will give you a great excuse to dream and then put the steps into a plan to get there!
Ask me how I added over 1000 new subscribers to my list in just 4 months…
…Get more ways to building your online business…and generating those quality leads…Join our Free Monthly Call..click on the words ==> Build Your List
“Having step by step works really well for me. Like the exercise – another motivator to call clients and create a testimonial page – learning through the Inner Circle.” Frankie Jones Lips at Last
- Are You Making These Social Networking Mistakes? - May 5, 2023
- How to Use These Facebook Goals in Your Marketing Plan - March 14, 2023
- How To Bring Life To Your Content Marketing Strategy - February 26, 2023
4 thoughts on “Business Backcasting Strategies”
Great tips Donna! I’m a big believer in “begin with the end in mind.” My endgame informs every decision I make for my business 🙂
Peggy recently posted..The Law of Deliberate Creation: Creating the Life of Your Dreams
Thank you so much Peggy – Love your comment 🙂
Great post. Very helpful. Thanks! 🙂
Erin Hatton recently posted..Monday Motivation: Get Back Up Again
Thank you Erin – I appreciate your note!
Comments are closed.