As soon as you start to get those great ideas to set goals for yourself, do you suddenly have nagging thoughts about how you aren’t up to the task or how you simply aren’t qualified to carry it through?
If you’ve ever experienced either situation, you can change the way you respond to your inner dialogue.
- Instead of obeying your negative commands, you can use positive self-talk to counter the negativity and overcome nearly all of you apprehensive thinking.
You Can Set Goals and Stick to Them with Positive Self-Talk
- Do you get a bit excited when you first set a goal for yourself?
Then self-doubt stops you in your tracks before you even get started?
It can be difficult to try to get going with your business, when you are constantly talking yourself out of taking a step in the right direction.
I know how frustrating and discouraging it can be to have these thoughts constantly pestering you. Many of us, in fact, don’t even realize we have them!
All we know is that we don’t have the confidence to stick to our plans and reach our goals.
But there is another way!
Positive self-talk is an effective way to set goals and ensure that you stick to them, even if you have never been able to do this before.
- The way this works is that you decide what goal is important to you, and then you put together a strategy of how you are going to attain this goal.
- When self-doubt starts kicking in, you respond with affirmation that prove your success without surrendering to the negative pressure. Since you’re reading this article, it’s clear that you’re no quitter and you’re certainly not a failure, so start believing in yourself!
Your business vision is achieved through your goals.
With goals ready, you can then set priorities to accomplish your goals to reach your vision for your business and life.
Jumpstart Turning Your Ideas into Successful Goal Setting:
1. Brainstorm – List everything you would like to accomplish in your business ~ 12 months from today.
2. Prioritize – Look at your list: decide which goal you would like to work with first. Keep your list of goals so that you can check on your progress.
3. Describe Your Goals in Detail – Be very specific: break your goals into a step-by-step plan..
4. Identify Your Barriers – Look for internal and external blocks to reaching your goals.
** Some blocks may start appearing once you start taking the steps to reach your goals. **
5. Develop a Game Plan – Decide ways to overcome the barriers to your goals.
6. Develop a Timeline – Look at your goals and work out a realistic timeline.
7. Reward Yourself – Reward yourself for each step you accomplish towards your goals.
8. Learn to quiet negativity with positive thoughts – This is a great move toward setting and attaining future goals with ease.
If you only dream, you will not reach your goals.
Click here ==> if you need help organizing your ideas!
Click here ==> if you want to reach your goals!
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- Introducing10 Steps in How To Set Powerful Goals and Values ⚡ - December 15, 2019
- Do You Use Confidence Builders Like This? 👷 - September 26, 2019
- 3 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Reach 😱 - August 9, 2019