Once you’ve built your interactive and ideal community online, it’s like having built-in traffic through social media right at your fingertips!
It’s just like networking offline – you’ll sift through those that can be prospective or returning clients and you’ll be looking for influencers that you can help and can help you.
Now, let’s talk about a powerful way you can pull in traffic through social media influencers.
I’ll use my pretend company again, ‘Boombiz’ and play a social game in how to encourage more site traffic through social media…
- I first shared ‘Boombiz’ and their experiences through a case study in “How to Understand the Importance of a Social Media Marketing Funnel”.
Now they want to get ready to launch a new product in a non-traditional way.
They want to start by gaining the attention of high influencers on social media.
“An influencer is your lighthouse in a messy ocean of noise.” Traackr’s Guide to Content & Influencer Strategy
Influencers online have the ability to change how others think and act.
A new and powerful success lesson that Boombiz learned…
They found that interacting with influential brands and people to gain notice and traffic through social media helps get the greatest reach.
Boombiz has been marketing their products for a long time and had heard a lot of rumors about social media launches. They wondered if it was time to explore the best ways of putting their newest launch out there and get it noticed very quickly once there product was ready.
They needed to build a positive brand image using (what was new to them) today’s social media opportunities.
Their new motto was:
“Social Media is more than being everywhere all the time. It’s about “engagement.”
Boombiz’ goal then would be to grow their audience’s loyalty even as they were growing their own community of influencers.
- For their online work they would become more engaged with their audience, find the right influencers, and become an influencer.
This means that they would be pulling their audience into more engaging conversations and help them become conversational and active with their brand.
So they started thinking about the answers to these questions:
#1 How does content marketing work with influencer marketing?
- Brands have to create relevant, quality content and consistently share it with their audience to become more influential.
- Influencer marketing goes hand in hand with content marketing and key audiences that match a brand’s agenda.
In the case of Boombiz., they needed influencers that created and shared content with a community of people who had shown an interest in what they had to say about their boomboxes and music.
Boombiz now had to focus on what they wanted in an influencer…
They needed people who consistently posted valuable and engaging content that caused interaction that was shared across the right platforms where BoomBiz’ audience was also hanging out.
#2 What platforms can be used to pull their audience of music-enthusiasts together for BoomBiz?
Boombiz figured out that influencer’s connections who find their content compelling might share it with their own community and similar platforms where Boombiz’ ideal audience also was hanging out.
Growing Boombiz’ reach exponentially faster than they could have done alone.
#3 How is their time on social media influencing possible clients to make a change?
Boombiz is beginning to understand what it takes to embrace social media marketing to gain the trust of their community.
They’re making their brand a lively and supportive resource to prospective and current clients as they consistently post related articles and tips, that can be shared.
As it turns out…
Boombiz also has increased their own community of followers, more awareness, and word of mouth as they’ve became involved with influencers that helped to…
- Stimulate buzz.
Generate traffic through social media.
- Boost visibility through content creation and sharing.
Pulling in more business as Boombiz:
- Learned more about ⇒How to Boost Business with Social Media
- Started to move their growing community into their social media marketing funnel
- Began to reach out more and understand their clients problems, offering solutions, and generating leads from the traffic through social media marketing influencers and their own valuable content.
But how did they find their influencers?
They used successful social media strategies that came from their purpose and goals.
Helping them find content and conversations that mattered and resonated with their strategy.
Tip: Get involved with Google Alerts about any subject and discover conversations and content that can help you get more involved with other influencers.
- As you sort through the posts and discussions, you’ll be able to find where you’ll want to engage and focus your effort.
Do you see some value here?
Find marketing influencers within your own ideal communities as you check out who is sharing content, has a large community of your ideal clients, and who is active with content marketing.
Now you can categorize your influencer marketers…
- Find and connect with them on all the difference social media platforms and build a relationship.
- Find out what they need from you to help promote and share your information even more.
- Look at klout.com for their influential topics, and check out more people to connect with.
Now that you have your list of why and what, you need to the ‘how’ of getting them to notice you ~ remember…
When you give, you get.
- Build that relationship. Tweet about them. Comment on and share their posts. Ask them questions. Show interest.
- People do business with those they know, like and trust.
- Work on strengthening your own expertise and credibility as a content marketer and social media influencer.
- Think about doing a Joint Venture with them – helping each other.
- Be genuine.
- Always highlight your top influencers by sharing them with your community.
Boombiz had already started working on becoming their own type of influencer by building their community and sharing unique information and updates about their products and services. They are just about ready for their first online product launch.
They understand that everything they do will tie back to strategy and goals as they continually build community and traffic through social media.
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Consultant, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- How to Use 5 Goals in Your Facebook Marketing - April 5, 2017
- How to Use Content Marketing to Influence Engagement - March 20, 2017
- 3 Insider Ways to Boost Your List Using JV Giveaway Events - March 3, 2017