I’ve enjoyed my journey through the wilderness of social media marketing, because I have an end goal.
To drive powerfully relevant traffic, build relationships, attract more email leads to build my list, and generate revenue.
But that’s just part of the story…
I started blogging in 2009. Within months I knew I was hungry for more social media.
– So I started to put together my own Social Media Content Marketing Plan as a system to guide me to reach my goals and successes.
- I also learned that I had to separate myself from the crowd by being unique. You can learn a bit more about my personal journey at Coach Donna’s Story
These ideas will hopefully help you get more from your social media marketing and blogging but there’s always more to learn that can be applied as well.
There no doubt about it.
We all know that social media is huge for bloggers and marketers who want to increase sales, brand visibility, and community around their products.
Helping them more easily start conversations with their target audiences online.
How do successful online marketers hike their way through the wilderness in social media marketing?
- They learned how to use social media for business. Implementing the strategies that they learned along the way.
What strategies would help you in social media?
You can start by recognizing the basics of social media and break down the marketing pieces to get you started on your own strategy.
- Moving you into a position for success!
As a blogger, business, and marketer…
Social media is your key for authentic engagement with your community, directly driving awareness and traffic to your sites.
- Moving your community through your “Social Media Marketing Funnel” towards email lead generation and $$$.
You’re marketing your business and blog through interaction and content sharing.
And that’s the central point for social media and blogging.
Consistently communicating your value, expertise, energy, experience, and personality.
But what’s the first step?
#1. Create Your Strategic Social Media and Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing is you producing and sharing exceptionally useful content with your community.
In my experience social media can be used to…
- Build relationships with your brand as your community sees you’re trying to help them instead of just pushing your products out there.
- Gain that great know-like-trust factor by building your brand’s reputation as a thought leader in your field.
- Increase your traffic through higher SEO rankings, inbound links, and social shares.
- Educate and empower future and current clients who will become your ‘raving fans’ and want more.
- Have more opportunities to engage with your ideal audience as they look for way to educate themselves about their next purchases.
#2 Build Those Relationships
Building relationships is the common thread that blends your social media and blogging activities altogether.
Social interaction helps you understand what would be valuable and useful content for your community. Because you’ll…
- Listen to what your target audience is talking about and engage in those conversations.
- Invest time in building relationships by continuing chats and discussions.
- Remember that quality is more valuable than quantity in your online relationships.
#3 Continually Evaluate Your Online Presence
Make sure that your profiles are working for you.
Get the most out of your profiles. Consider your first point of contact with your target audience.
- Profiles on social media sites can be indexed by search engines — one more way to make sure you’re found when someone is searching for a solution to a problem.
- Know what keywords they’ll use in their searches.
- Another reason to know your niche and your solutions!
Make sure your social media presence enhances and promotes your brand.
You can evaluate your online presence by going to the Online ID Calculator.
#4 Finding Your Social Media and Blogging
Voice Building a strong brand voice to communicate your story means that…
You need to become more real with your audience. You could do that by:
Discovering your purpose.
So that you can find how to build the know, like, and trust factors within your community.
– Maybe you’ll engage and gain a better understanding of your ideal clients.
- Recognizing the strategies and tactics that you’ll use in social media and blogging to reach prospective and current clients online.
- Knowing your intention. What do you want people to do with the information you’re giving them?
- Finding your voice from all of this information could help you become more familiar with what you want to say and how to say it.
One more thing If you’re driven to get more from your social media and bogging
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Consultant, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- How to Extend Your Facebook Page Reach - May 5, 2017
- How to Use 5 Goals in Your Facebook Marketing - April 5, 2017
- How to Use Content Marketing to Influence Engagement - March 20, 2017