A while back I gave a Facebook Tip to a group about marketing and then was asked to put up a Facebook Business Page for someone who heard my talk.
But, they couldn’t understand why I set up a profile page and a business page.
So…Is a Facebook profile the same thing as a business (fan) page?
- Tip #1:
No. A profile is for you and is not in your business’s name.
Each business (fan) page must be associated with a profile, so if you do not have a personal profile you must set this up first. Then you can set up your business page.
- Tip #2
Yes! There is a difference between a profile and a business page.
- Facebook profiles are for people.
- Business (Fan) Pages are for businesses.
— Profiles are intended for people, not businesses. It’s actually against the Facebook Guidelines to use a profile for a business.
— You can create and manage your business page from your personal account.
- Tip #3
Are you making the most of your Business Page (not your personal page) to promote your business?
You can become a Facebook Marketer…
- SEO (search engine optimization) tactics on your Business Page can help your Page reach more fans
- One tactic is to use your business’s real name as the name of your page,
- When you choose a Facebook username for your Page, your Page’s URL becomes www.facebook.com/YourUsernameHere. Usernames can be selected at www.facebook.com/username. This is what is also called your vanity name – such as http://www.facebook.com/AskCoachDonna
As a part of your Search Engine Optimization strategy; your Business page is indexed by search engines. Profiles are not.
- When you set up a profile in your business name, you’re not maximizing your exposure.
You can still connect with people on a business level through your personal profile. I use my profile to connect with quite a few people due to business reasons. Since people can get that know, like, trust factor with the person behind the business, this is a good way to interact with them. It’s also one way for me to bring my personal brand out there to more people.
Once you have your page, you can promote your page by visiting other pages or groups that would interest your ideal client and commenting/promoting your business savvy on those pages.
And to get your special Vanity URL you can :
Go to this link http://www.facebook.com/username.
For more ideas –
Take a look at Facebook Money Mastery and turn your Facebook time into money!
I am here if you need help! In the meantime…
Claim Your No Cost Business Planning, Strategies, and Savvy Special Report
Certified Business Coach, Intuitive Strategist ~ As a Social Media Manager and Coach, I do the work for you and/or train corporations and small businesses how to set up their blog and a Social Media Marketing Plan around their blog/website as their business hub. As a Social Media Marketing Expert, I teach Relationship Marketing and Social Media Mastery, consulting and speaking services for corporate, business owners, and conscious entrepreneurs around the globe!
Latest posts by Donna Ward (see all)
- 3 Insider Ways to Boost Your List Using JV Giveaway Events - September 3, 2017
- You Do Want Better Results in Your Facebook News Feeds - August 1, 2017
- This is How to Get Headlines for More Facebook Engagement - July 25, 2017